Step Nine: You Keep A Secret

Step Nine:You Keep A Secret

Merida wasn't sure what it was but she couldn't shake the feeling of fear. Weeks past like a dream Merida spent her days the same. Lessons and preparations fittings to speechs. But it was worth it all that work because when it was done she got to see Hiccup.

Each day Merida knew was getting closer to her coronation and the day Hiccup would tell her he was leaving. Every morning Merida would wake with the same fear of the viking boy leaving. After about a week and a half of the same feeling every morning she had finally admitted to herself she had feelings for the viking.

When she had told Rapunzel this her friend immediately bursted into tears and went on about how her Merida was finally growing up. This reaction earned a eye roll and a childish pout from Merida.Throw the last couple of weeks Merida and Rapunzel had been visiting Hiccup. Sometimes they would just sit and talk other timed they were off on adventures. Whether it was searching for trolls or magic flowers it didn't matter. They just enjoyed the fun of it.

As Merida sat waiting for her mother to begin the lesson she couldn't help but think of Hiccup. She smiled softly at the thought of his eyes. They were green a beautiful green and Merida loved just to look at them. She shook her head trying to get rid of the thought but sadly had no luck.

She hated how much she liked Hiccup.He held more than friendship to destroy, he also held her heart even though she didn't know that yet. All she thought was it was a crush she didn't know that crush could crush her. The Queen entered the room studying her daughter.

Merida sat there patently trying to seem normal in hope her mother wouldn't suspected anything. Like for example her only daughter, future queen, was spending her free time with the enemy. But Merida didn't think of Hiccup as a enemy more like someone like her just caught in something they had no control over. Atleast thats what they think.

"Well today we well be learning about-" The queen started.

"Mum do you think I could choose the lesson today?" Merida asked.

The queen raised a eyebrow at her daughter then slightly nodded. Merida smiled softly giving her mother a thankful nodded. "What is it you had in mind?"

"Well I want to learn about Vikings!" Merida said.

Elinor blinked at her daughter, "Why?"

"Well im just want to know what im up against!" Merida replied this was true but she also wanted to compare Hiccup to what her mother described a viking as.

"Up against?" The queen repeated.

"Well ya im am to be queen in less than a few short weeks the war will be my responsibility!" Merida reminded her.

"And you husbands," the queen add.

Merida frozen narrowing her eyes, "You said I could marry when im ready to someone I love, why are you forcing me into marriage!"

"Merida it is simply the rules!"

"After all we been threw Mum!" Merida got to her feet angerly, "After everything your doing this to me again After the last time! I won't go threw with it you can't make me!"

Merida marched to the door but her mothers next words stopped her, "One day you'll have to grow up and you will make a choice between what you want and whats best, the most important rule to being a queen, is to put your kingdom first to do whats right, im sorry Merida but this is me doing that not just for the kingdom but for you!"

"Are you saying that you don't think I have what it takes to rule on my own?" Meridas voice cracked she turned to look at the queen tears brew in her eyes.