Step Thirteen: You Leave Her No Explanation

Step Thirteen:You leave Her No Explanation

Merida layed her head in her arms she refused to cry for some silly promise. But it wasn't silly he had made promised and he broke it. He had left her hanging. Rapunzel watched her friend sadly, "He didn't show huh?"

Merida raised her head nodding slightly, "Yah, aye was stupid for thinkin he actually show."

Rapunzel sat on Meridas bed, "There is probably a explanation for why he couldn't come, don't assume things when Eugene left with the crown after watching the lanterns I thought he left for good and then with the two men came to sell my hair-"

"Aye know the story," Merida cuts off.

"Yah but you see what I thought wasn't true, Gothel had set up the whole thing to convince me the world was a dangerous horrible place! When she was wrong about the world." She explained.

Merida looked it the mirror, "Was she Punz? Aye me yer in were middle of a war, if that doesn't show the world isn't a dangerous horrible place then I don't know what will."

Punz frowned pushing the small cut brown strand of hair behind her ear, "Okay Mer whatever you say," she then got up slowly, "By the way your mother has requested you, to greet the clans before the coronation."

Merida nodded, "I'll be right down."

Once Rapunzel was gone Merida stood up picking up a arrow that sat on her vanity. Bitting her lip she shoved it in the bag and set it with her bow in a abandoned corner knowing she wouldn't be doing archery for awhile.

She made where way down stairs not even sparing a second glance to her brothers who were caring a arm full of sharp objects. Elinor waited for her daughter patiently as she smiled and spoke to people Merida came to her side.

She didn't look at her mother she couldn't bring herself to. Her mother didn't think she was ready.  And if her own mother didn't how would the clans? I would she? If she wasn't even princess material, how would she be queen?

Hiccup put his faces in his hands his father had forbidden him to leave today. And out of any day it had to be the day he promised to see Merida. Many would say he could just hop on Toothless and fly off.

Which he had tried always getting stopped. After the seventh try the cheif had made Jack and Elsa  watch him although neither wanted to do it. Jack did it because it best friends dad and for the same reason as Elsa because this wasn't there land they was a guest plus Berk was a Ally to Arendelle.

Hiccup knew the chances on getting past a Ice Queen and A Winter Spirt was most likely impossible. Maybe he could go tomorrow and see if Merida came. But the chance of that were slim.

She probably though he forgot about her. When she had no idea he could never forget some like  her. Not in a million years. Toothless sat eating fish as they sat at the cove. Elsa sat playing some game with her sister while Jack went around freezing things.

While they were there everyone besides Hiccup knew that the chief and atleast 50 vikings with dragons had left to attack Scotland. Stoick explained the plan plan and simple.

"When the coronation ceremony ends we attack get the newly crowned Queen kill anyone who gets in your way, if your unsure who the Queen is anyone around the age 21, if they claim to be Merida DunBroch bring them to the boats," he tells them, "Do I make myself clear?"

There was a murmur of yes. Stoick nodded in satisfaction. He then turned to look at the patch of green in the distance.

"There," he said, "Is our target welcome to Scottland,"

Merida couldn't breath as she walked down the isl ans at the moment she was sure she dad never been this nervous. Her hands shook as she came towards her parents. Her wee devil brothers held the crown and her mother and father stood side my side of the old guy whos name Merida didn't bother learning.

She hoped she didn't trip or make a full of her self. She tried not to think of that once that crown was placed on her head her whole life would change. Whether it was for better or worses the redhead didn't know.

And maybe thats what scared her the most. She was so panicked she didn't realize that she was now standing infront of her family. Her mother smiled nervously taking the crown in her hand. Merida bowed forward feeling the crown being placed on her head.

She expect to fell different as she took the scepter that was in carved with the clans symbols along with a a small circle like object. (A/N:Dont have a idea on how coronations go so I just kinda took things from Frozen)

The old guy started to say things Merida was to nervous to hear as she stood up straight in front of the clans. The clans cheered when the man finished talking. And Merida couldn't help but smile a little.

Her nervousness seem to fade a bit she turned and set the stuff down before turning back to the crowd. Now came the speech taking a breath Merida saw Rapunzel give a supportive smile. "Aye Merida first born decedent of the clan DunBroch, am proud to be yer Queen,"

"Aye know this war between the vikings have been getting worses, and aye know that some believe im not ready to take on theses responsibles like the was ruling the clans but know I will do everything in me power to protect this kingdom, aye might have been crowned Queen but its up to ye to except that and ay hope ye do,"

"Aye wont let ye down, aye promise," She finsished and the clans cheered and she could only hope that they did except that. She smiled again and just then it happened. There was a roar and next thing she knew she was on the ground and flames filled her vision.

The Kingdom was under attack.

A/N:HOPE YOU ENJOYED!!

~SKYE