Step Six:You Make A Promise

It had been a week since Merida met Hiccup. And everyday she stuck to the same routine. Wake up early bring food and supplies to Hiccup spend time with him come home and hang with Rapunzel. She had spent her time to its fullest to avoid her mother. She hadn't spoken to her mother. As she walked to the witch cottage she couldn't help but question herself.

Was she doing the right thing? Hiding Hiccup. Should she just turn him in? He could be a danger. NO Merida hes your friend, she reminded herself.Besides she knew Hiccup would never hurt her or anyone. He was harmless viking or not.

As she adjusted the heavy bag over her shoulders she regreted not taking Angus. The cottage wasn't to bad of a walk but with a large bag of food on your back it was tiring. Merida sighed in relief as the cottage came in sight.

Opening the door she throw the bag on the counter happy for her to finally put it down.She smiled but as she looked up it disappeared. The cottage was completely empty nothing not even a carving was there.

"Hiccup?" She whispered.

She felt herself on the verge of tears he was gone he'd left without telling her, Without saying good by. She flet a pain in her chest as she looked at the empty place. Everything was gone him what the witch left behind it was gone.

She closed her eyes why did he leave why did she feel this broken. Suddenly she heard a voice her head snapped up she looked around frantically.  She felt the ground starting to shake a few apples that were in the bag fell out hitting the floor.

"Merida," Hiccup voice seemed to bounce off the walls.

"Hiccup!" she screamed.

A loud screeching noice filled her ears she panicked, "HICCUP!" She cried/Screamed.

"Its okay im right here breath I need you to open your eyes Merida open your eyes!" His voice begged.

She was confused her eyes were open she looked around and she sobbed as the place shook harder sending her to the floor.Fear more fear she never really was afraid but she was now. She screamed as the walls seemed to crumble and fall.

"Merida!" Her mothers voice yelled.

She looked over to see her mom standing there straight as the house fell apart,  "How could you trust a viking, you betrayed use your kingdom!" Merida cried at her mothers words.

"Mom hes different hes not bad hes my friend!" she yelled rolling to her back watching the roof above her dissolve.Tears fell down her face she didn't know what was happening she felt weak and helpless.

"Merida!" Hiccups voice yelled.

Merida closed her eyes tightly praying for it to stop and all go away. Suddenly everything stopped shaking she opened her eyes to see she the cottage ceiling.  She looked around her eyes met a pare of green. Hiccup held her panicked with worried eyes.

"What happened!?" Her voice creaked a little still recovering from the dream or vision she didn't know what it was.

"I don't know you walked in set the bag on the counter and just clasped crying yelling for me!" He replied.

"I don't know I must be tired stress but im fine," Merida tells him, "Hiccup would you leave without telling me?"

"No of course not why would you think that?" He asked.

"I had this weird dream a second ago I just want to make sure," she whispered. "Do you promise?"

"Merida I promise I wouldn't leave without telling you," he assured her.