little things

☀︎︎ ☽ ☀︎︎ ☽ ☀︎︎ ☽ ☀︎︎ ☽ ☀︎︎ ☽ ☀︎︎ ☽ ☀︎︎ ☽ ☀︎︎ ☽ ☀︎︎

feeling the summers sun cascading through my old curtains, was a pleasantly fresh way to wake up. especially considering it being a monday morning. a light weight rested upon my chest and from further inspection it was just mj. i wriggled out from under the covers trying my best not to wake her up, because i'm not as mean as ned.
when her head started to lift, eyes adjusting to her new found brightness, something incoherent was said, along with myself being flipped off.
i decided not to question mj's antics and leave her be, she'll wake up when ready.

after making breakfast, i walked back into my room but, low and behold mj was still asleep. i crept over to her deciding which was the best way to wake her up without being killed. that reminds me, ned is so dead at lunch. i stood over her, a little too creepily and noticed t ye very faint freckles on her cheeks. i didn't realise before, maybe because if her complexion? or maybe i just wasn't looking. either way, my heart began to race slightly which didn't help when she finally did wake up i was just watching sleep.

she smiled up at me, which was a great start because it was genuine. she wasn't mad. she lent her head up slightly before backing away.
"wait- no. morning breath."
we laughed while she groggily got up and wondered around, nearly bumping into the bathroom door.
"i'll be back."
she smiled, revealing a toothy grin that i'm proud to say i'm one of the few that have the pleasure of viewing.
after she was done we ate breakfast and spoke for awhile. considering it being a school morning we had to wake up early, but 6:03AM was not normally on my agenda.

"mj?"
"hmm?"
she hummed into my side, we where sat on the side of the sofa. curdled up and waiting for a more appropriate time to leave the apartment.
"we could always go to our coffee shop."
"we could."
before i managed to get up she tugged me back down, nearly on top of her but at this point did she care?
"or we could say here because your very warm and it's early. too, too, early.
fuck you and your insomnia."
i couldn't help but laugh at her. it's true though i'm always waking up and going to sleep, that is, if i do sleep, at random times.

"nope we're going to get coffee."
"you don't even like coffee."
"don't matter, i saw a woman order tea there once. they sell everything under the sun. let's gooo."
i tried to pull her off the couch but she stood her ground. using a bit of super strength i pulled her up which she did protest to because,
'that's not fair, use a normal persons strength.'
eventually i managed to escape the apartment and drag mj with me. we interlocked fingers and began our walk to the cafe.

there are many things you realise about mj along the way, she isn't exactly an open book. doesn't wear her heart on her sleeve, instead she keeps it locked alway. she has so many perfect parts about her that she feels insecure about and yet will never let me tell her just how gorgeous she is, maybe it's just an mj thing?
we reach close to the shop, i rub the back of her hand with my thumb which does make her heart beat faster. you see, i have this huge advantage when it comes to that sort of thing.

we walked in a comfortable silence for awhile until i wanted to hear her voice.
"tell me,"
"tell you what."
"i don't know yet, i'm still thinking."
she nudges my shoulder, a smile creeping onto her face.
"what is your favourite and meat favourite thing about dating me."
she takes a moment before answering.
"i can tell you my leat favourite."
"ouch."
"no it's good."
she says, taking our hands so she can press mine to her chest.
"i don't like you getting hurt when... dong your thing."
"oh, i was expecting a little more, blatant honesty to be fair."

"and my favourite?"
i nod my head at her, quite interested.
"i can trust you. so much. too much."
i smile finds its way into my face and she presents to wipe it of with her spare hand.
"your turn."
"i don't necessarily like you trying to kill ned, and i can't possibly think of just one reason to why i love you so much."
the l- word wasn't something they used to frequently unless in the heat of the moment because, well just because.
but she goes silent for a while, and i start to think of everything i've said wrong.
"i-
she pauses.
"i love you too."