love potion

☽ ☀︎︎ ☽ ☀︎︎ ☽ ☀︎︎ ☽ ☀︎︎ ☽ ☀︎︎ ☽ ☀︎︎ ☽ ☀︎︎ ☽ ☀︎︎ ☽

standing behind the nearest corner, i was waiting for peter to meet jessy. i know it's not right, it's just, mj and i have our suspicions. i also know that mj was beyond jealous and possibly even concerned about peter hanging out with her. despite mj being a closed book, as peters best friend and guy in the chair. i decided to take it upon myself and learn to read her, and that i did! she's a like a rubik's cube with one square in the wrong place, always something missing. so here i stood spying on peter.

i watched closely as jessy bumped into him after closing her locker, they both laughed it off but his back was turned towards me so i could only see the desperate fire in her eyes. i know this is wrong but it's concerning. i think we- and by we i mean me and mj, both know peter wouldn't cheat especially after the situation that just went down a week ago or whenever at the party. they spoke for awhile but i wasn't close enough to hear what about, my best guess be homework or studies in general. or at least that's what i hoped.

i was about to leave so that they wouldn't catch me snooping when she touched his shoulder and just... smiled?
it was a strange interaction from afar but what i can say is that i wasn't expecting her to start tearing up. peter started apologising as he does but what i did hear was,
"it's not your fault pete, you could never make me cry."
yeah i was starting to doubt that it was all homework. add some terrible flirting on her part. i say on her part though because peter was obviously concerned, but uncomfortable.

jessy took his hand gently and he complied, he told her something and she nodded. to my best guess he reminded her about mj or that he wasn't interested yet still didn't mind holding her hand. besides i didn't say i couldn't hear them at alll, her name was mentioned somewhere. they hugged and soon after letting go of both embracing and hands, she went over to her locker. she pulled out a clear bottle filled with a pink-ish substance. i didn't think anything of it but i can't deny it looked mad sketchy.
jessy gave him it and he thanked her?

peter proceeded to drink, yes
d r i n k, the liquid.
she just stared at him, suspiciously grinning. whatever faith i had left that this was just about homework was so far gone.
please let this be just about homework. please.
i like mj and peter as a couple, in fact i hardcore, shamelessly, ship them.  they do get to coupley and cuddly, it's weird to see mj soft and peter 'flirty'. it's a no from me. anyways back to reality, i'm crouching now, still behind a wall spying on my best friend to keep him and his girlfriend together.

peter started coughing, A LOT. muttering something like,
"sorry i'm so sorry it's not that bad i promise maybe i'm having an allergic reaction or something."
that alone was difficult to understand with all the stuttering and coughing, not to mention that i was still a good 10 meters away from them at least. it's also safe to say she got way to up and personal with him after that. asking him if he was alright or if he needed an inhaler because she had one? strange things to tell someone but i went along with it until the coughing didn't seem to be stopping.

after a few minuets i'd like to say from 2-4, and a lot of water, he stopped and would not stop apologising. like we all thought he was bad before but don't make him cough because it only gets worse. jeez. anyways, after a lot of boredom something changed. the atmosphere, something changed between the peter who was uncomfortably watching a girl flirt with him, to them beginning to get close and leaning against her locker. it was a weird demeanour but i still couldn't see his face so there's not much i could tell.

the next part of what i heard was that she
'made it just for him' and that, 'she should be the one apologising.'
they both laughed it off after a while and my suspicion only grew when they both probably decided that, 'hey, we've been standing here for to long and we should leave, not only that, but we're in school haha.' that type of deal so as they walked out i over heard yet again about going to a coffee shop? this is only getting better and better.
and yes, i may or may not have followed them.