Episode 6

<Saturday>

(Rory) Rory was sitting in the living room when she heard a knock. She smiled and hopped up to answer the door. It was Dean.

"Hey, you ready?" He asked.

"Yep." She replied quickly.

"What's wrong?" Dean asked, already knowing something was up.

"Nothing."

She shut the door and took Dean's hand and they walked to the bridge by the lake.

As they ate Dean realized Rory was oddly silent. "Rory, what is wrong?" He asked her again.

"Nothing." She tried to lie but Dean saw right through her. He raised his eyebrows in disbelief.

"Ok fine... Zach and I got into a fight last night but I'd rather not talk about it." She told him. Dean nodded.

(Zach) Zach walked to Zoey's house and knocked on the door. When the door opened Zach saw a middle aged woman standing in doorway. She had Zoey's long dark wavy hair and emerald green eyes. A friendly smile formed across her face before she spoke.

"Hello. Who are you?" The woman asked.

"Oh I'm Zach. Zach Gilmore. I'm a friend of Zoey's." Zach said, smiling back at her.

"Ah you must be that boy she's been babbling on about. She's upstairs in her room if you wanna go on up. It's the second door on the left."

Zach felt his cheeks burn up. "Thank you." He said.

Zach walked past her and made his way upstairs. He knocked on her bedroom door. The door opened and Zoey stared up at him both surprised and pleased to see him.

"Hey." He said, breaking the silence.

"Hey." She said awkwardly.

There was an awkward pause. "So do you want to come in?" She asked.

"Sure."

Zach walked in and she shut the door behind him. He turned back to her and she scoffed and shook her head.

"I'm surprised my mom even let you in the house let alone in my room." She told him. "What brings you here?" She asked.

"I wanted to talk to you."

Zoey just looked at him waiting for him to continue.

"I was wondering if you would like to go out with me?" He said.

Zoey smiled and walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I thought you'd never ask." She said. He smiled and tilted his head down so he could reach her lips.

"No Seriously, I thought you'd never ask." She giggled.

"I meant to talk to you sooner but things have been just so crazy at home."

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked with a concerned look.

"Not particularly no." He laughed a little trying to signal to her that he wanted to change the subject.

"Ok well just know I'm always here." She told him. He grinned.

"Right back atcha."

(Rory) On their way back from the bridge they ran into Jess in town.

"Oh isn't this adorable." Jess mocked in his Jess way.

"Dean don't-" Rory spoke. But Dean got all up in Jess' face.