Epsiode 13

<1PM the next day>

(Zach) Zach was slouched in his bed in the hotel room. He threw a football in the air repeatedly while on the phone with Lane.

"Tell me." Zach whined. "I can't I promised I wouldn't." Lane told him.  

"Please? I just want to know why she was so upset last night."

Lane sighed.

"Fine. I get it." Zach sighed. "A promise is a promise."

Zach heard the shower stop. He caught the football and rested it on his chest.

"I have to go. Talk to you later?" He said as he sat up with the football in his hand.

"Talk to you later."

They hung up.

Zach put his phone on the charger as Dean came out of the bathroom in only a towel. He then started his way towards the bathroom.

<The intro cuts in>

<<no pov>>

<3pm>

Lane and Rory are walking to Luke's.    

"He started a band and asked you to join?! Lane that's incredible!" Rory exclaimed excitedly as she opened the door to Luke's.

"I know!" Lane exclaimed as they sat down at the counter.

"Two coffees?" Jess asked, smiling. Rory and Lane looked at Jess.

"Just one, I have to leave soon." Lane answered. Jess nodded. "One coffee it is." He said then turned around.

Lane's phone started going off. She looked down and saw it was her mom calling. She then turned to  Rory and said,

"My mom's calling I should go." She told her as she stood up. Rory nodded.            

"Okay, good luck with the band!" Rory exclaimed as Lane headed out the door. Lane held her phone up to ear. She turned around smiling and waved Rory bye.

Rory turned around as Jess handed her her cup. Rory looked up at him and smiled.     

"Thanks." She said then picked up the cup and took a sip. Jess leaned up against the counter with his arms folded.

"So...how are you?" He asked with a concerned expression on his face. Rory placed her cup on the counter and looked at him.

"I'm fine." She said trying to hide her pain.

"No, you're not fine." Jess said firmly. "You're dad left you. No one is ever okay when that happens." He told her. After a moment he let out a sigh. "I told you my dad left my mom I after I was born. I know it's not the same thing, but from what you told me I'm guessing you didn't have him in your life a whole lot either."

There was a pause.

"Just know I'm here if you ever wanna talk."

Rory smiled at him then leaned over the counter and kissed him.

"Thank you." She said.

<7:00pm>

(Zach) Zach's championship game had just begun. His team had a strong start but by 10pm they lost.

Dean ran up behind him on the field and patted him on the back then noticed the frown on Zach's face. Dean smiled.  

"We'll get em next time." He said, trying to cheer him up.

Zach felt himself smile as he was remembering what Luke told him and nodded.

They hit the showers and changed before they all went back to the hotel. Zach and Dean fell onto their beds and immediately fell asleep. The next morning Zach was woken up by his phone ringing. He reached over and answered it half asleep.

"Hello?" Zach asked sleepily.

"Heyyy" Lorelai said in her Lorelai tone. Zach chuckled softly. "Hey mom."

"Hey hon. How was the game?" She asked excitedly. She had told him previously that she was unable to watch the game on TV as she was swamped at the Inn.

"We...we lost."

Loralai frowned. "I'm sorry hon. How about we go out when you come home to cheer you up?" Lorelai sipped her coffee.     

"It's fine and sure...Hey mom?" Zach said as he sat up.

"Yes?"

"Do you know why Rory so upset before I left?"

He heard his mom sigh through the phone. "Your dad left. I thought she told you."

Zach scoffed. "Of course he did."

Zach hung up and turned over in his bed staring at the curtains.              

<<no pov>>

<5pm>

"Mom, I'm home!" Rory exclaimed. She walked to her room and opened the door. She stopped when she saw her brother sitting on the edge of the bed facing the door. 

<Are you with me by Nilu starts playing>

"What are you doing here? You're not supposed to be home until tomorrow." Rory said.

"I came home early."

"Why?"

He shrugged.

"Because mom told me dad left."   Zach said, his voice filled with guilt.

There was a short pause.

"Oh." Rory muttered.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Zach asked, eyes narrowed in sorrow.

"I don't know maybe I wasn't looking forward to the whole I told you so monologue." Rory said sharply.

Zach sighed and stood up, moving a few inches from the bed. He crossed his arms and looked down.

"It's my fault" He muttered.

Rory looked at him confused as he raised his head. He scoffed. "If I would've just let you have a relationship with him and not get mad about it he wouldn't have left."

"Zach-"

"No. If I hadn't had let my issues get in the way of your happiness he would still be here." He let his arms fall and he glanced down at the ground then back up at Rory.

Rory just stared at him with sad eyes. Zach's eyes began to water. He huffed.

"I hate being in this stupid fight with you. I miss you. I miss my sister, my twin." He said. "I miss my best friend." A tear hit his cheek.

Rory had missed him too. And she hated the way they are. Always lying and keeping secrets.

Rory moved closer to him and hugged him, wrapping her arms tightly around his neck. He quickly wrapped his arms around her waist tightly as tears continued to fall down his face. "I miss you too. And I'm sorry for saying what I said I crossed a line there." A tear hit Rory's cheek.

Zach shook his head. "It's okay."

There was a knock and they quickly pulled away and turned around to see Lorelai smiling.

"Food's here."

The two of them nodded and walked out of the room.

<camera zooms out on them as the four of them sit down at the table>