Episode 12

<a few weeks later> <last day before winter break> <movie night>

The the four of them were sitting in their normal spots and Christopher joined Zach and Rory on the couch.

"Alright, Rory what'd you pick?" Lorelai asked in her Lorelai excited voice.      

"Footloose." Rory replied.

"How fitting." Luke said, referring to the winter formal.

<As the movie starts the intro cuts in> <the next day> <the day of the dance>      

<11am>

(Zach) Zach is moving around in his room laying clothes he's taking on his bed when his phone rings. He grabs his phone from his nightstand and answers when he sees it's Zoey.

"Hey." He grins

"What are you doing right now?" She asks, matching his grin.

"Packing. What's up?" He replied as he began folding the clothes he had laid out.

"I wanted to know if you wanted to have lunch at Luke's?"

Zach smiled. "Sure just let me finish packing and I'll meet you there in an hour?"

"See you then." She hung up. Zach put his phone down on the bed and continued folding.

<<no pov>>

<12:15pm>

Zach walks towards Luke's and spots Zoey crossing the street to Luke's.

"Hey stranger." Zach announced himself.

Zoey looks up and sees him and smiles. Zach rushed over in front of her and opened the door for her. She blushed and walked inside and sat down at the first table to her right. She took off her jacket and laid it behind her on the chair and Zach did the same.

They ordered their food and a few moments later Luke came back handing Zoey a glass of water and Zach a cup of coffee.

"It's noon and you're drinking coffee?" She questioned, raising a brow at him.

"What can I say? It runs in the family." He said before taking a sip. Luke smirked at him and shook his head.

<2:15pm> <You're not sorry by Taylor swift plays faintly in the background>

(Rory) Rory finished blow drying her hair and walks out of the bathroom fully clothed then walks into her room shutting the door behind her. She picks up her phone and stands in front of her bed. She sees that her dad had called and left a voicemail. She presses play and lifts the phone up to her ear.

"Hey Rory, it's your dad." He scoffs. "I probably don't even deserve that title."    

Rory furrowed her brows in confusion.

"Listen kid...I'm sorry that I've never been fully apart of your life. Zach's too...I know that I've created problems between you and him. I've hurt him, I've hurt you both and that kills me and I couldn't continue to do that...so...I left. I'm sorry I didn't say goodbye to you properly but I just couldn't bring myself to...GoodBy-"

Rory stopped the voicemail before it could finish, her body shaking and consumed with heartbreak and anger. Her phone dropped out of her hand. She began hyperventilating as she backed up against her bed and slid to the ground. She pushed her knees up against her then ran both of her hands through the opposite sides of her hair as she began to cry. She couldn't believe what had just happened but deep down she could.

<<no pov>>

<3pm>

There was a knock on the door. Rory wiped her tears, got up from the floor, and walked to the front door. She opened it and saw Lane standing there holding a long bag with her dress in it. Lane's face turned from a smile to a frown.

"What's wrong?" Lane asked, noticing Rory's red eyes and tear stained face.        

"My uh," She sniffed. "My dad left...again" Lane didn't say anything she just hugged her friend tightly.

"I'm so sorry Rory." She pulled away.   "We can stay in if you want we don't have to-"

"No I wanna go." Rory assured her, managing a small smile. Lane smiled and they went inside to start getting ready.

<6:15pm>

(Zoey) Zoey was finishing her makeup when her mom walked in. She rolled her eyes. "I still don't understand why you're letting me go." She told her.

"High school experiences are something you should cherish." Her mother told her.

"I mean why are you letting me go with Zach?"

"I have no motive here if that's what you're implying."

"I still don't believe you."

"Believe what you want I guess."

Her mom then handed her a pair of small white earrings. "I thought these would go nicely with your dress."

Zoey gasped. "They're beautiful." She said.

(Zach) Zach walked from Dean's house to Zoey's to pick her up so they could walk to school together. Dean didn't have a date so he decided to not go and stay in with his sisters.

He walked up to the door all dressed up and knocked. The door opened and Zach's jaw dropped when he saw Zoey. She stood there in a silky green dress that went down just above her knees, and she wore white heals.

Zoey blushed. "You look amazing." Zach said.

"As do you" she giggled.

Her dad appeared behind her handing her a jacket.

"Alright, you two have fun, but not too much fun." (Italics) Her dad said, then kissed his daughter on the cheek.

"Okay, dad."

Her father turned to Zach.

"Have her home by 11."

"Yes sir." Zach smiled.

Zach reached his hand out to take hers. She took it and they walked down the steps hand in hand.

<<no pov>>

Lane and Rory finished getting ready as there was a knock on the door. They grabbed their purses and put on their jackets before making their way to the front door.

"Bye mom!" Rory shouted.

"Wait!" Lorelai said in her Lorelai whining tone as she grabbed her camera and made her way to the front door. "I need pictures!"

Rory and Lane opened the door to see Dave and Jess standing there awkwardly next to each other. They turned their heads and looked their girlfriends up and down.

"Now boys don't get any ideas into those silly heads of yours." Lorelai joked in her Lorelai voice.

The four of them got into a position where their arms were around each other in the order of Dave, Lane, Rory, and Jess. Lorelai took a few of them together, then of Rory and Lame separately.

"Hey, where's Zach?" Her mother asked.

"I'm sure he left already." Lane said.    

"All right well when you see him tell him I'm disappointed I didn't get any pictures." Lorelai jokingly pouted.

"Will do." Rory said before the four of them left.

They walked to the school and went inside. They could already hear the music from down the hall.

"Ready?" Jess asked, turning to Rory. Rory nodded and the four of them walked down the hall into the gym.

<camera cuts to Zach>

"Come on let's dance!" Zoey exclaimed as she dragged her boyfriend onto the dance floor. Taylor smirked as Zoey left her side.

(Rory) Rory felt nervous as there seemed to be more people than there was at the back to school dance.

"You're gonna be fine." Jess said as he squeezed Rory's hand gently. Rory felt a sense relief.

"We're gonna go dance. Let me know if you need anything." Lane said to Rory before taking off onto the dance floor with Dave.

<Camera cuts to a slow song> <all of me by John Legend starts playing>

The camera pans around the gym then it cuts to Lane.

(Lane) Dave and Lane were slow dancing.

"Dave?" Lane said as more of a statement.

"Hm?"

Lane pulled away a little so that their faces met.

"I love you." Lane told him. Dave stared at her with a blank expression before kissing her. Lane kissed him back and after a few seconds, they pulled away. Lane watched as the biggest grin appeared on Dave's face.

"I love you too."

Lane laid her head against his chest as they swayed back and forth.

(Rory) Rory is slow dancing with Jess as she was deep in thought about her father.

"What's wrong?" Jess says as catches her glance. "Did I step on your foot or something?" He chuckled.

She shook her head.

"Nothing I'm fine." Rory said unconvincingly. Jess gave her a worried look.

He nods his head towards the exit. "Come on." He said softly.

Rory nodded and took his hand and they walked out of the gym. Zach noticed and furrowed his brows in confusion.

(Rory) As they were walking Rory couldn't hold it in anymore. Her heart ached too much to hold it back. She stopped and began shaking as she pressed her back against the lockers. Jess quickly turned around as he realized Rory wasn't beside him. He quickly rushed over to her as she slid down the lockers, her pulled up against her chest. He sat down next to her and wrapped his arms around her. She buried her head in his neck as she started crying as he held her in his arms.

<The camera zooms out slowly as the song continues into the credits>