Chapter seven

Jay yelped, and imagined pushing back at the arms. The energy rebounded, and Amelie was sent flying backwards, into the wall. Jay had no sympathy what so over, but she was pretty sure Iona would murder her if she didn't apologize.

"Oops. Sorry." Jay fidgeted with her fingers. Iona ran over, checking her for injuries.

"Your sorry? You just threw her into the wall!" Iona hissed, her red hair flying as she looked over her shoulder. Amelie looked like she was in a trance.

"I-I felt it. I can feel it!" She lifted her arms, and drew the water around her into a tight ball.

"I can feel it!" She squealed. She jumped back, suddenly watching Jay with a load of fear in her eyes.

"The water around you! What is it doing? It seems like it's afraid of you! It's, it's, yielding for you." She looked at Jay with realization swarming through her eyes.

"That's interesting. I'm pretty sure I said something kind of similar a few seconds ago. Huh. What was it?" Jay said in a sarcastic voice.

"Stop being an idiot!" Iona hollered. Amelie didn't seem to care. She stood up slowly.

"Did I just control you?" She asked.

"Duh. You manipulated the water inside of me and forced me to the ground. I pushed back though. But once you get really good at it, you can do this." Jay reached towards Iona. She felt the water around her, and made Iona slap herself in the face. Iona seemed on the brink of exploding at Jay. She smiled innocently.

"Super helpful for dealing with annoying people." Jay grinned when she shot her a death glare. Amelie put her hands out in front of her.

"I-I have to go. I'll be back. There is something I have to do. You might have just saved us all. You can stay in a room down the hallway that is the fifth door on the right." She took off running.

"Um, okay. So that happened. Come on, let's go see that room." Iona once again dragged Jay through the enormous halls. When she opened the door, she laughed.

"This room is huge! Awesome!" Iona closed the door, and ran around in a circle. Jay sat down on the floor.

"So what does she look like? Amelie." Jay was semi curious, even though it didn't really matter. Iona paused, and her face flushed.

"Well, uh, she has nice hair? Its blonde and a medium length. And um, she has these eyes, they are this crazy shade of blue. Her cheeks are pink and her freckles are spotted along her nose. Sometimes if you look at her face for too long you forget where you are. And when she looks back at you you get embarrassed and look away again. Then she smiles at you with this, well, her smile." She coughed out. Jay raised an eyebrow.

"You like her. Don't you." She grinned as she felt Iona panic.

"Shut up! I do not! You don't know anything!" She blurted out.

"If you don't, then why are you freaking out. Don't lie, I can literally feel your lungs and heart." Jay smirked.

"Freaking water manipulators dude." Iona folded her arms and sat down.

"Could you at least try to make it slightly less obvious around her. Because it's extremely obvious and she can now feel you blush." She relished in Iona's embarrassment. Jay had a feeling that her life might have been in danger if she didn't have the ability to control people. Iona fell backwards onto what Jay was pretty sure was a bed.

"I really don't like you sometimes."

"I know. I don't like you very much either. But..."

"But you're stuck with me?"

"No. I could leave whenever I want to. What I was going to say was," Jay crossed the room, and sat down next to Iona.

"I don't like you. But I do respect you. And you are very useful. Can we be friends?" She extended her hand in Iona's direction. Iona blinked.

"I'm sorry, what?" She seemed taken aback. Jay's face flushed.

"Are you stupid? Can we be friends or not, annoying blob?" She curled in her left fist. Iona smirked.

"That's much more like it. Sure. For your sake, we can have a temporary... alliance. But you better not let anyone know about this. As much as I hate to admit it, I respect you too. Life would be very boring without you." She shook Jay's hand. Jay smiled.

"Excellent. I'm glad I don't have to kill you."

Iona jumped up.

"What?"

"Hm?"