Chapter eight

Zay was jolted awake. Something was wrong. She gasped when she realized that she fell asleep with her hand on the controls.

"No!" Zay screamed, opening up the maps. Sure enough, they had flown back two hundred miles in the wrong directions.

"No! Crap!" She frantically tried to turn the ship around as fast as possible. Jade who was awake, and munching on a croissant, stared at her blankly.

"How long have you been awake?" Zay demanded, narrowing her eyes.

"Um, a few hours." Jade paused to think.

"Ok. And did you see me using the controls in my sleep?" Zay asked, ready to attack.

"Oh, yeah. But I didn't want to wake you up." Jade put her face in her hands. Zay lunged at Jade, and started strangling her.

"What the heck do you mean, oh yeah!? Are you ok with my sister and Iona dying? Is death a joke to you!? Because you kind of ensured their death!" Zay started throttling her. Kira rolled over in a daze. Her eyes widened when she saw Zay choking Jade.

"Is life a joke to you!?" Zay practically screamed in rage. Jade just gasped in shock. Next thing she knew, Zay was being pinned against the chair. Kira pinning her wrists to the arm rests. Jade rubbed her throat, pulling herself to her feet.

"What are you doing Zay? I have never seen you this mad before! More or less strangle someone!" Kira yelled.

"She ensured the death of my Sister! Excuse me if I'm a little bit mad!" Her face twisted into a glare full of so much hate, that even Kira shrunk back a bit. Jade pulled herself to her feet.

"Well miss violent much, before you strangled me, I was going to tell you that they called us earlier. A little hologram of them popped up on the screen, and they said that they were fine, and that they found an underground city. They had plenty enough to eat, and had a roof over their head. I can show you it." Jade pressed a few buttons, and sure enough, a little hologram of Jade popped up.

"Hi. It's Jay and annoying blob." Hologram Jay waved cheerfully, and Iona butted in and shoved her.

"Stop calling me that! Anyway, we are alive and fine. In a palace no less. We have enough to eat and everything, bla bla bla. So don't worry too much, and take your time coming here. If you even are alive." Iona sighed. Jay stepped forwards.

"Please be alive. Please come back to us. I love you Zay. Bye!" She smiled, and turned the recorder off.

"Oh." That was all Zay seemed to be able to say. Her face turned bright red, blood rushing up to her cheeks.

"I'm so, so sorry Jade." She fidgeted with her finger awkwardly. Jay grinned.

"That's ok. I'm just happy I got to see you rage out. I didn't think that you were capable of that." She started laughing. Kira did too. Zay kept awkwardly fidgeting. She had never felt that angry before. Ever. And she nearly strangled Jade to death because of it. Zay curled in her legs.

"Oh don't feel too bad. I'm just going to tell everyone we meet about this." Jade sat down, and slowly bit into her breakfast.

"Great. Thank you for that." Zay murmured.

"If it helps, you are a lot more interesting now. Not that you weren't before." Kira offered. Zay went to the bathroom.

"One minute." She said, pushing past them both. As soon as she shut the door, she could hear them burst out laughing. After taking a few minutes to get herself together, Zay sat down and began flying the ship as fast as she safely could. She couldn't waste any more time. At least they would arrive by sunset at this pace, and at least she could track her sister. They were connected through water in the air. All water manipulators were. She knew that they headed for the sea cliffs, now that Zay had some time to think. She was going to find Jay as fast as possible. By all means necessary. She was glad that Jay was alive, but she needed to see her as soon as possible. Zay closed her eyes and sighed. Jade and Kira had already made up a really cheesy, and really random song about her strangling Jade. She just focused on the horizon, with the familiar feeling of the controls under her finger tips. The sun just slightly tinted her eyesight as the sun made its way fully across the horizon.

"I'm coming Jay. Even if I have to strangle one hundred Jades, I'll see you soon." She mumbled as she climbed further forwards in the sky.