Oh no way

Katie and i are at home with mom and dad. Dad and mom are looking at us like we did something wrong. "Girls do you know why you are down here?" Dad asked. I looked at him and said " obviously not Dad if we knew you would be talking to us about why we are down here." He looked at me and said "Alexa i don't want to hear any smart remarks from you right now." I rolled my eyes and he said " we heard from the school that you guys have been skipping class." Oh crap i thought that they would not be able to figure out what i was doing the whole time but obviously not. "Alexa you are grounded for a week no phone or tablet at all." I looked at him and said " ugh I'm not dealing with this right now. I am going to my room." I heard my dad yell " Alexa Mendoza get down here!" I did not listen to him and layed down on my bed and went to sleep.  Katie looked at me and said " bro you are not acting like your self and it is bothering me and everyone else." I looked at her and asked " why do you care?" She looked at me and said "  because i am your best friend and i care about you." I didn't know what to say to her so i went to bed. Katie walked out of my room and said "  i am done with you for the night Alexa you need rest see you tomorrow morning at school."