Chapter 2: Enemies Becoming One Pt II

The next night, Taehyung locked himself in the training area. He ran the obstacle course three times. Hit every target with his sword getting a perfect score. He even used the punching bag until the sand came out.

Drenched in sweat and completely out of breath, the fae dropped to the floor. Snatching his shirt off, he fell on his back staring at the ceiling. He was going to train up until the next battle. The next time, he was returning with the head of the Fairy Prince!

Still he couldn't deny how the weight of the fairy felt good. And the imprints on his wrists were a reminder of how strong the fairy was.

Taehyung shut his eyes tightly, trying to think about something else but his mind always went back to that fairy. Were fairies always this beautiful? He hadn't been around many to be able to tell but why did this one burn his mind? His heart also felt weird.

The sounds of his horns made the prince spring to his feet. Were they under attack?

He flew out of the training area and headed to the throne room.

"The fairies are attacking! We must defend at all costs! Gear up!" Before Taehyung could fly towards the gear, the king stopped him.

"You're not allowed to go."

"Why not? You need me!"

"After that last stunt you pulled, I think it's better if you stay here. You're our sole heir, we can't lose you. Now go to your room."

"Abeoji!"

"I've made up my mind, end of discussion. Men let's move out! Defend our territory!"

Taehyung saw Namjoon gearing up.

"I need to go!" He said to the fae who gave him a sympathetic look.

"You know I would always follow you, no matter how dangerous or crazy your plan is but I can't defy the king. You have to stay here. I'm sorry."

Taehyung growled and flew to his room. He sat on the bed hugging his knees. His father didn't understand what he was trying to do for the kingdom! For the faes! If he killed the fairy prince the war could end. Why couldn't his father see that?

Frustrated, he raked his hand through his hair.

The fairies invaded their side so that had to mean the fairy castle wasn't as heavily guarded as before.

Taehyung lifted his head. If his father wasn't going to support his idea. Then he would just have to take matters into his own hands. Grabbing his sword, he flew out the window and went straight to the water. Holding his breath, he crossed the river that connected the two kingdoms.

Once the coast was clear, he climbed out of the water and flew towards the castle.

Not seeing any guards, he climbed up until he spotted an open window. Making his way inside, he gripped the sword. The last time he didn't know what to expect and the fairy prince caught him off guard but this time he was prepared. Say nothing and just strike to kill.

He followed the sweet scent that led him back to the fairy's room. It was night time out so he was stronger than before. That recessive fairy wasn't going to embarrass him again. As a dominant fae, he was going to get his pride back.

Inching the door open, he looked around the dark room but didn't see anyone. He stepped further inside. The door shut and the fae whirled around seeing the fairy prince standing there.

"I wasn't expecting a visitor or maybe I should label you as an intruder." The fairy pondered.

Without a word, Taehyung charged at him, sword held up high ready to slay the fairy. However, the fairy caught the fae's wrist in mid swing and the fae struggled to move the sword.