Chapter 10: Golden Era Pt II

Seokjin and Jungkook fought the leader of the troll army. The fairy had never experienced such strength. A troll's strength was frightening in more ways than one. The very fact the troll leader was able to fight them both was enough to tell him. The only way they could win was with teamwork.

Jungkook jumped up and rammed his spear into the troll's chest. Green blood dripped down to the ground. The troll laughed out and yanked out the spear. Holding the blade end he swung the spear and let it go. Jungkook's body hit a tree that broke in half. The troll charged at Jungkook, his sword ready.

Seokjin flew towards them, he scooped Jungkook up before the troll could get to him.

"Y-You saved me?"

"Try not to look so shocked. You have to slay me, remember? I won't let you die until you take my head."

They landed on the ground. Seokjin threw the elf's spear towards him.

"If we use teamwork we'll be able to defeat them. Our wings and your agility can be our greatest strength."

Jungkook stared at the fairy skeptically before nodding.

The fairy looked around and he made eye contact with Yoongi who just kicked a troll away.

"Tell our men to use the air to their advantage and have them assist the elves. We can win this."

Yoongi nodded.

"Men follow me!" Jungkook shouted and they ran towards the fairy army blending both groups together.

The leader laughed. "That won't work. We're unstoppable,"

He charged at them again. Seokjin and Jungkook readied their weapons.

The leader troll glanced at one of his soldiers sneaking towards the castle. A delightful smile played on his face.

"Let's have some more fun boys."

Yoongi turned to Hoseok. "Our swords won't work with these trolls. We need the specially made swords."

"Specially made?" Hoseok repeated.

Yoongi nodded. "I had some swords prepared when Seokjin said Taehyung killed a troll. But they are back at the palace in the weapon room."

"I'll go. Can you and Namjoon hold up?"

"We can." Namjoon said. "Hurry and go. Be careful and don't try to fight a troll. Just run and hide if one pursues you."

Hoseok nodded and flew off towards the fairy kingdom.

__________

Jimin paced as Taehyung sat on the bed siping water.

"There has to be something we can do. Like if they cut their napes or slice their heads off, they can win but all the trolls wore thick helmets." He sighed running his hand through his hair. "If only we had more light magic. Mine is effective but it's not enough. Also mine is defensive, so it will be useless in fighting."

Taehyung gasped. "We can use the light fairies! They have strong offensive magic and it's light."

Jimin looked at him. "That could work! But they are back in your kingdom right?"

Taehyung nodded.

"If we take a horse, we can get there faster but there's a chance we can be detected. If we walk we can go without being noticed but it will take longer." Jimin sighed.

"If I fly, we'll get there quicker."

"What? But you can't carry me."

"I can try."