Chapter 8: Truth Pt II

Mornings were the only time they had to themselves. The earlier they woke up, the better.

Taehyung draped his arm over Seokjin's sweaty bare chest. They laid in silence trying to calm their breathing. Taehyung could hear Seokjin's heart pounding against his chest.

"The quick morning sessions are always the best." Taehyung chuckled against the fairy's neck.

"It is. I long for the day where we can stay in bed all day and just rest."

"I don't think we'll get a chance for that."

"True. Maybe then just a full morning."

"Even that seems too good to be true."

They laughed and shared a small sweet kiss.

The dominant fairy had so much responsibility, Taehyung felt sad for him. The stress of the war which he was expected to win while making sure their people stayed safe had to weigh heavy on him.

He just wanted to support his husband in any way he could.

"We should start getting ready to start our day." The fae sat up yawning.

"You're not tired are you Taehyung?"

"No, I'm fine. I slept early last night."

"You've been sleeping early for a while now." Seokjin sat up rubbing his husband's back.

"I do get sleepy often, that's probably because these times are peaceful."

"That's true. We should rest and enjoy this peace as long as we can. Difficult days will be among us soon."

The fae slowly nodded.

As usual they ate breakfast together. Once done, they went their separate ways. Seokjin, off to train with the soldiers and Taehyung to his magic lessons.

It was hard to stay up during the lesson. Everything the teacher said sounded like gibberish and he kept dozing off.

"Your Highness, are you feeling well?" The lecturer asked.

The fae yawned. "Yes, I'm just tired."

"Maybe we should end early and you rest for the rest of the day. You really don't look well, you look very pale. We can send a doctor in later to make sure you're alright."

He almost started to protest until he felt his energy draining.

"I think that's a good idea. I'll be back tomorrow."

"Rest well your Highness." She bowed.

He flew back towards his chambers but ended up landing and slumping against the wall. His insides were on fire. It was so bad he wanted to claw away at his skin.

"Your Highness, are you ok?"

Hoseok ran over to him.

"I am, I'm just really tired." He smiled through the pain, not wanting the word to get back to Seokjin and making his husband worry.

The fairy helped him up. "You look pale."

"I think I need some sun. I've been cooped up in the palace, working nonstop."

Hoseok nodded. "Would you like me to come with you?"

"Thank you Hoseok but it's ok. I know you have your duties to do. Please go ahead and do them. I will be fine. A small walk will help me."

The fairy reluctantly nodded. "If you need anything, please let me know."

"I will thank you. After I go for my walk, I'll rest in my chambers."