Chapter 7: Truth Pt I

Seokjin balled his fists. "And you supported that?" The fairy visibly trembling. Taehyung held his hand to calm the fairy.

"It was like the elders just said. Many of us didn't want to believe that our ruler, our protector would make us slaughter innocent beings for no reason." Byungho said

"So why was the dark elf king captured and killed?" Taehyung asked.

"Because he was planning to get revenge on us, so we killed him, hoping it would stop the dark elves." Eun-Sang said.

"Don't you understand, what's happening?!" Seokjin shouted. "Because of your mistakes, you're making our generation kill one another! First it was us fighting and killing each other and now we have to lose more lives because we have to fight the elves when they have every right to be angry and hurt. When will the violence stop?!"

"When we win the war against the elves." The fae elder said.

"That won't stop anything!" Taehyung said. "There will be those who will want revenge! The cycle won't stop unless we kill them all. Do we have to massacre the dark elves too?" His voice quivered, he looked at Seokjin who placed a comforting hand on his back. Taehyung sighed deeply trying to keep the tears from falling. "I will just say that the elf I met was a good person. Knowing all that my people have done to his people. He could have let me die and he wouldn't have been in the wrong. I saved him because it was the right thing to do, but I also didn't know the severity of the situation. Maybe we are the ones who should die out instead." With that the fae left.

Seokjin looked at them. "I will not fight this war. I will continue to try to reason with the elf king and hopefully one day he will listen."

"Son, you and Taehyung have good hearts. Your hearts are way more purer than ours could ever be. But don't let that be your weakness. The damage is already done and nothing you can say will change his mind. That elf king wants blood and he will get it. We have to fight."

The fairy king shook his head and walked out of the conference room.

"Your highness."

Seokjin turned around and saw Namjoon and Yoongi walking towards him. "Hi Namjoon. Hi Yoongi. What's up." He smiled.

They bowed to him and the fae spoke. "I think there was a dark fae recessive male before the 2nd king."

"Really?"

The fae nodded. "I briefly remember my parents mentioning something about a mint haired recessive male but I don't remember much. I was younger and they have long passed."

"I'm sorry for your loss." Seokjin said, the fae bowed his head. The fairy king folded his arms. "The elders seem to not have known about this."

Namjoon looked at the conference door before looking at the fairy king who nodded.

"Come with me."

They walked onto a balcony.

"Go ahead."

"I'm not saying I don't trust the elders but I am weary. Those who care more about a kingdom than its people will sometimes go to great lengths. I don't want to cause any trouble either. All I'm just asking is, may I have access to the royal files. You have files from both kingdoms and if I can search them I may be able to find something."

"And I was offering to assist him." Yoongi said.

Seokjin nodded. "I will grant that to you guys but..."

"But?"

"Let me show you."

They flew towards the royal wing and Seokjin stopped in front of a door before opening it. He turned on the lights. "This is where all the files were stashed. This is centuries and centuries worth of stuff."