Chapter 14: Voices and Unfamiliar Feelings

Mizuki POV 

'I just had to jinx myself didn't I...'  I grumble inside my head as I finish plating the food on the plates.  I sigh out as I set the pan down in the sink as I look at my finger which I had cut pretty deep.  

I rub my temple as I was relieved that I didn't cut my finger off completely.  But seriously, on the other side of my hand I had slammed it into the counter trying to catch the plate from falling. Then my foot throbs as the pan had slipped off the counter and dropped on my toe.  I glance outside of the kitchen to see the girl with the black hair and teal eyes.  

She had come into the kitchen when I was almost done cooking, deciding that she should go and help.  I had made haste when I was cooking as I had to cut the vegetables fast and had sliced my finger slightly in the process, when the girl had shown up.  I sigh out again at my carelessness and how easily I was emerged in my thoughts that I didn't notice her and got surprised. 

She had apologized while I had washed my hands and quickly bandaged it up with a cloth in my pocket to continue cooking.  Though she did try to help me, she had caused me more pain than anything.  I wipe my hands down on a towel as I grab the dishes.  Luckily for me she had left after I had reassured her that I was fine working in the kitchen by myself.  

As I exit the kitchen I could see that the adults were chatting while the girl, Kira Ochiro made small talk with Michikatsu.  I could feel my heart tighten and throb as I see the both of them, the way how she smiles at him made me feel this uneasy feeling within my chest.  

I shake my head slightly trying to push these feelings out.  'If only Sarah was here to help me out with these feelings!'  I shout to myself as I walk to the table and place the dishes down.  

"Wow these look delicious!"  The lady who I believed was Yumi Ochiro.  She looked at the food and smiled up at me.  I gave her a small as I bowed slightly.  "Please enjoy.  I'll bring the other dishes."  I say before turning away to bring another dish and the rice.  

I could hear shuffling behind me as I glance back to see that Michikatsu was following behind me.  My eyes grew wide as I entered the kitchen once again.  "You can go back and sit down Michikatsu.  I'm just going to bring these out."  I say as I open a cabinet and pull out some extra bowls.  

"It's okay, I see that you would need to make another trip so I'll help."  Michikatsu blantly states as he grabs the rice holder and the bowls.  I raise a brow and smile softly at him.  "Thanks."  I say as I grab the other two dishes and walked out with Michikatsu. 

"Aw how nice of you Michikatsu to help bring the food~"  Yumi Ochiro states with a grin on her face as she glances at her daughter.  As I place down the food on the table the man, Kuguri Ochiro, gives me a nod and a small smile.  "Thank you for cooking this.  It looks good."  he says politely causing me to smile slightly giving him a small bow. 

"It's my pleasure."  I say softly as I look at the table, and grab the rice bowls filling them up with rice.  As I pass out the last one, my gaze meets Sato-san.  I look as he gestures with his head to the door and mouths 'You may go.'  My eyes widen slightly as I clench my hands behind my back and stand up after passing out the bowls of rice.  

"I'll be excusing myself."  I say as I bow. I caught a glimpse of Michikatsu's seeing an emotion flicker in his eyes as he looked at me, though I couldn't tell what it was.  "I see don't worry about it."  Yumi says kindly as she nods her head towards me.  I could feel my eyebrow twitch as I look away and start to head back to the kitchen to make myself something.  

Once inside the kitchen I let a deep breath out that I didn't know that I held.  I leaned against the counter and saw that my hands were shaking slightly.  I lightly smack my hands together to stop them from shaking, taking a deep breath to calm these overflowing emotions.  'Let's just cook something small.'  I tell myself as I pull out some leftover ingredients from the dinner I just made and cut them to make a small bowl of stir fry vegetables.  Using leftover rice from the previous night I had rolled up in a leaf, I made myself a couple onigiri.