Chapter 2: Tsugikuni Brothers

(I do not own the picture above)

Mizuki POV

The morning came with birds singing and a sounds of clashing.  I rub my eyes and look around. 'Ahh I see that this wasn't just some dream?  I'm still here.'  I think to myself.  I remove myself from the futon and head towards the door, fixing my clothes as I head out.  I walk around the house and find Michi-san.  

"Good morning Michi-san."  I say grabbing her attention and I yawn walking towards her.  "Morning Mizuki-chan.  Here come have some breakfast." She places down a bowl of miso soup and some rice.  I sit down and notice a boy sitting next to Michi-san, he is rather really close to her.  I look at him and notice he has hanafuda earrings and a mark on his forehead.

'That mark....and those earrings.  Where have I seen them before?'  I think to myself glancing at the boy while eating my rice.  Michi-san seems to notice and looks at me then to the boy.  "Ah!  Mizuki-chan, this is my son, Yoriichi.  My other son is out in the yard practicing."  She tells me.  She coughs into her hand again. 

I choke on my rice.  'Y-Yoriichi!!!'  I scream in my head.  I'm know in a coughing fit and Michi-san hurridly passes me a cup of tea.  I grab the drink and nod my head thanking her.  All this time the boy watches me.  "Are you okay?"  Michi-san asks me.  

I nod my head "Yes, thank you Michi-san.  Sorry about that it seems that I happened to swallow quite weirdly."  I tell her trying to cover up my coughs.  I take another sip of the tea and place it down.  "It's nice to meet you Yoriichi-san.  I'm Mizuki Amateratsu."  I bow my head in his direction. 

He puts down his cup and bows slightly in my direction without saying anything.  I sweatdrop 'Uh this is so awkward...Was he always this way?'  I think to myself.  Michi-san clears her throat.  "Well Mizuki why were you out on the ground last night?  Were you headed somewhere?" She asks me. 

I put down my chopsticks and start wracking my brain to find a plausible answer.  "Um...You see the thing is...My family...they are no longer here and my home was destroyed.  So I just started walking to find somewhere to go.  Before I knew it I collapsed and you ended up finding me."  I tell her my made up sob story of being a lost girl who lost her home and family.  But it truly is partly the truth, I don't have a family or home here.      

Her eyes got wider and showed pity and sadness.  "Oh dear!  I'm so very sorry to hear that, you don't have any where to go right?"  I nod my head.  "Here I'll talk to my husband and you can stay here until you have somewhere to go."  My eyes widen and I shake my head.  "Michi-san!  That's okay, I don't want to intrude and take up space.  You already are taking care of your sons!"  I tell her.

Michi shakes her head and smiles brightly at me.  "No what are you talking about, you don't have any where to go.  So stay and your just a little girl.  Plus, there's more than enough room here and you won't be much trouble."  She tells me. 

I start to tear up a bit at her kindness.  "Thank you so much!"  I bow at her.  'Man these characters are just too wholesome.  She is so kind!  Why isn't she shown in the anime or manga! I love her!'  I fangirl in my head.

She smiles warmly at me.  "Its no problem dear."   She looks outside.  "It seems that they will take a break soon so I'll go prepare a snack for them."  she says and gets up.  She walks away into the halls, where I believe she is heading to the kitchen.  

Now it's just Yoriichi and I sitting here awkwardly in silence.....I could almost hear the crickets and Sarah yelling in the back of my mind telling me how awkward I am...

"Um...Yoriichi-san?"  I speak up finally.  He looks up at me telling me that he is listening.  "Um if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?"  He sets down his tea cup and finally says "I'm 6."  I brighten up.