Chapter 20: Reality of a Demon Slayer

Mizuki POV (Her consciousness)

"Ah did I die??" I mumble out to myself as I gaze around my surroundings.  Finding only darkness with the slightest amount of glowing light above.

Other than the light, it was still dark.  Empty, cold, and somehow infinite.

Plus my body felt heavy and all I could do was lay where I was and turn my head.

Eventually, the scenes before I fell unconcious replayed back in my mind. Remembering the demon and that this world is really....its undeniable.

No matter how many times I've been over the fact that I was in the world of Demon Slayer, it had always been in the back of my mind that maybe it was different. That maybe this world was different than what I thought and this was just a cruel joke.

Perhaps this was just a long dream and my brother, Tetsu, would come to barge into my room to wake me up.  Or maybe Mom would would scold me for asking up late.

But yet I'm brought back to the fact that they are not here with me.  That for the past years I've been training, unappreciated, tired, and having an unrequited love.

But a reality that I refused to face was this world.  It's not even the right time zone which I'm familiar with!..

If I was surrounded and taken in by the Kocho family or even the Rengoku. Or any pillars than maybe I would'nt be so adamant about this world. 

But I can't help but dream that maybe there would be no demons and I would just be training for nothing. Maybe I would go have an innocent quest out into the world. Or even the possibility that I would go on a quest to find a portal back home.  It would be a peaceful quest...

But no. How innocent... How naive.

Naive to think that when I'm ready, I'll go experience this world and find my way home.  To think this world was different than what I thought.  To think that someone would come to save me like prince charming.

But living in this world for about 10 years....10 years of being clueless about the world and knowing that I don't belong. Its cruel...its harsh..

No matter how fictional it seemed. No matter how many times I watched a scene, read it, or heard about it. This....This is real. Me fighting a demon and this huge gash and wounds on my body. This blood. My feelings. This demon. Everything...is real.

Perhaps I was a bit delusional and somehow I'm grateful for some of it.  Maybe like any other fan that came to their favorite anime. I trained but even so I'm not strong.

It really showed how weak I was when I came into contact with that demon. At this point, I'm scared and lost.

Constant whining from my side on how I miss my family. How I miss my friends, my bed, my phone, the internet...hell even school. 

But still, I trained hard. I worked hard everyday so in case something like this incident were to happen I can protect myself.  But look...I'm probably already dead.

I'm stuck within this black void, where I can no longer see my family. Or even live a peaceful life.  I can't even go to find Yoriichi and see if he's alright.

But even so I'm somewhat content of living a life being with Michikatsu, Sato, and the villagers. This tranquil life that I've somehow been accustomed too.

Even though I want to go home, there's always that possibility that I won't be able to go home.

And because of that I've been trying my best to fit in and change to this new lifestyle.