Chapter 3: Swords and training

I do not own picture

AN: Hey everyone! Thanks so much for reading and supporting this book! Before I get started on this chapter I just wanted to address some issues, concerns, problems, and things that some of my readers have brought up in this chapter. 
-I didn't think I needed to address this before but after reading some comments I decided to clarify some things for you all. SO PLEASE DO NOT HATE ME. 

I read some comments addressing the misogynistic ideas/dialogue and prejudice that Mizuki faced especially with Sato in the beginning of this story. In no means do I intend to  hurt or offend people through these topics. 

During this era that Mizuki is in, it was normal for women to be looked down upon and thought to be a housewife (etc). So I wrote about it to make the story more realistic. As the story continues I wanted Mizuki (especially as someone who comes from our modern era who carries our ideals) to break past the norms that she faced. Thus character development and showing that as a woman she can stand alongside men and break down barriers that hold her back, blah blah blah. (and so on, you get what I mean). 

By the end of the story I hope that I can convey the change and strength that Mizuki gains through her journey, especially through her experience with Sato, Yoriichi, Michikatsu, and many others.

I apologize if this upset any of you. I do not intend to hurt or offend any of you through Mizuki's experience and my writing. 

****SO THIS IS MY WARNING TO ALL READERS FOR THIS CHAPTER - SENSITIVE MATERIAL AND DISCUSSION ******* YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! 

___________________   

Mizuki POV

It's been a couple weeks since I've been in the Tsugikuni house.  I've helped Michi-san clean and do housework in return.  We've gotten close since we spend quite a lot of time together, for Yoriichi, I could say that we've gotten a little closer. 

Yoriichi is still always quiet and reserved.  For our sessions of learning, that are at night, we got passed three rows of characters.  

While Yoriichi is calm and minding his own business in his head.  As we watch over Michi-san in bed my head however spins around with many ideas and thoughts.  Like 'Will I get back to my world?  How did I get here?  Was it this necklace?  I should probably never show this to Muzan.  I should learn how to fight.  Will I encounter a demon?'  All this thoughts race through my head as I 'calmly' drink tea. 

Other times during my stay I sit and watch Michikatsu practice sword with his father.  I've noticed that their father treats Yoriichi differently, he casts him to the side and he's seen as an unwanted child.  In contrast the mother, Michi-san treats both of her sons with equal love.  I rarely talk with the father, Sato Tsugikuni.  Though it seems that he accepted me into the house with Michi-san's convincing.  

During my stay, I watch Michikatsu practice with Yoriichi at my side.  Yoriichi woud silently watch them along with me peaking out from the side of the house.  I watch with stars in my eyes watching him move and swing down the sword.

 We continue watching Michikatsu practice.  Soon the sun goes down and we eat dinner which I helped prepare with Michi-san. 

Later that night, I walk around back and forth in my room.  'It's been a couple weeks now.  I don't want to stay useless in this world.  Nothing comes from that.  Since, I decided that I want to protect those 2 I will have to learn how to fight.  Should I ask Sato-san or should I ask Michikatsu?'  I fall back down into my futon with a thump. 'Ah screw it lets just go talk to Sato-san.'