Chapter 19: Savior

Mizuki POV 

Previously: 

"Little bunny you can't keep running forever!~" It yelled as it began to pick up speed. Glancing back as I paled and felt sweat run down my back. "I definitely won't be living to see tomorrow..." I mumble as I clenched my hands and picked up my own speed as I made sharp turns around the fields.

Seeing the tool shed just in front, I looked back seeing that the thing wasn't behind me anymore. 'What?'

"Where do you think you're looking?~" the voice cooed as it reached out to grab me. 'This is a freaking nightmare....'

Watching it get closer, my body tried to evade with instincts. But the thing caught me off guard as it smirked, its other hand reached out and getting closer.

Seeing its face drool with amusement as it completely blocked my way out. I felt that I could see everything in slow motion, I could see it...feel it.....no...I know it

"I'm going to die."

_________________________

Just as I thought that I was going to die a jolt of energy surged throughout my body.  It made my body feel so light and somehow it felt like hands were pushing against my back to keep myself from falling.  

"Rise.  Fight against these demons to survive.  Change the inevitable cruel fate that awaits"

An unfamiliar voice that came with the breeze spoke to me, causing my body to jolt once again.  Shortly after those words, time almost seemed to slow down.  Seeing the demon so clearly as it was inches away from my face and body, readying to grab me.  

With a single breath, my whole body relaxed and fell into a state of full concentration. All my focus was on beginning the total concentration breathing technique.  

As I closed my eyes and reopened them, time was set back to normal.

Watching as the demon swiped towards me, I quickly dropped down and swung my leg, making the demon's legs buckle.  "Wha-!?" the demon began as I swung around him as I dashed the remaining distance to the tool shed where I saw an axe laying about. 

Somehow in this moment everything felt so clear, I could hear the distinct sounds of the demon behind me, the slightest movements of nature around me, the way how eerily my body had calmed and how smooth my movements were. 

Quickly picking up the axe, I turned with a spin and sliced off the demon's hand that was outstretched towards me.  Hearing it shriek with unexpected pain it reeled back a couple steps allowing me to find a complete opening. 

Picking up my breath as I felt my whole body spark and burn, as the oxygen bursts through every part of my body and provides my body with energy.  

Concentrating on that feeling, I sent myself forward towards the demon.  Without my knowledge a light purple and yellow sparks began erupt off of my body, lighting up the area.  

'Let my heart and body burn.  Let it spark and burn.  Turn this demon into nothing.'  

"Star Breathing first form....."  I mumble out as the demon looks at me with wide eyes watching light radiate off of me and the axe. 

Feeling a cold shiver run up its back its instincts told it to either run or to kill right away.  

"...Comet of fire."  I finished, as I suddenly appeared in front of its face and sent one powerful blow to its neck and head.  Its head felt flying to a nearby tree as I watched its eyes widen in shock.