Chapter 8: Strength

A couple years later 

Mizuki POV 

"Huff Huff"  

I wipe my sweat with the back of my hand as there was no breeze that passed by.  The blazing sun looking down at us as I trained in the yard with Michikatsu.  

"Mizuki."  Sato-san called out to me as he walked over to me.  I stopped my movement of my wooden sword and he looked at me sternly.  "Yes?"  I say out as I wipe some more sweat as it drips down my face. 

"Go and get water like usual.  I'll be sending you off now." Sato-san says at me as he takes the wooden sword away from my grasp.  My eyes widen as I look at him and nod my head.  "Okay."  I say without much complaint and look up at the sky seeing that the clouds were passing by quickly and a small breeze picks up ruffling my hair.

I walk away from Sato-san and went to the back of the house to pick up the buckets and put the stick on my shoulders.  "I'll be back."  I say as I walk past the two males now in the household and Michikatsu nods his head as he glances at me.  With a nod from Sato-san.  "Be back before lunch."  Sato-san says before I get out of the house. 

I nod my head as I close the front gate to the house.  I sigh out as I have to wipe the sweat that continues to fall down my face with my hazel eyes looking straight ahead.  'I guess I should get going.'  I thought to myself as I adjusted the buckets on my back.       

I picked up my feet and began running down the streets of town.  "Hi Mizuki!"  a young boy waved to me as he walked down with Mika-san.  I smiled and waved at the two.  "Hi!"  I said back as I ran past them and pet the boy's head.  I smiled fondly as he giggled and smiled as I did that.  

"You off to get water now?" Mika-san asked me with a look of worry on her face as she looks up at the sky.  I chuckle softly and nod my head.  "Yes, don't worry about me.  I'll be quick like always.  I must be off Mika-san!"  I say as I wave and start running again to the edge of town where there's a river and a forest on the other side of the river.  

As I near the river I take the buckets and dunk them into the stream, filling them up.  Once they were full, I attached them back onto the wooden stick that I carry it on.  I bent down and hauled it up onto my shoulders.  "Time to go."  I tell myself as I wipe the sweat as it gets into my eye and I wince.  

I adjust the buckets and head off back into the village as I run down the pathway thinking of when I first started to do this.  

Flashback Years ago

"That's enough. You will prove to me that you are able to train and wield a sword.  Your body is still to weak." Sato-san tells me. sternly says scanning over my body. He walks over to the side of the house and picks up two buckets and a stick that is used to fetch water.

He passes me the buckets. "Prove yourself before you train with us seriously. Fetch us water, come back and fill up the container over there. Fill it up till it is full. Finish it by noon." He tells me and points at the water container. I nod my head and walk out of the Tsugikuni household.

As I'm walking villagers that see me whisper and stare at me carrying the water buckets. One woman that was passing by stopped me and asked me a question. "Excuse me young miss, but why are you carrying the water buckets? That's a man's job." She questions me. I smile brightly at her. "Ah you see, a family took me in and I want to repay their kindness by doing some chores for them. I saw that they needed their water refiled so I took it upon myself to get some. Plus, I figured that I should become a little bit stronger now for later in the future." I tell her so that she won't question me further.