Rumors

It had been a week staying with Tristan.

He has been helpful and I choose to be...difficult.

It was 8:30 am. Time for me to get ready for school.

As I was about to walk into the bathroom, there he was. He stood there with a towel wrapped around his waist and a his rag, drying his wet jet black hair. I couldn't stop— looking.

He turned smiling at me, then said,

"I know you're staring at me".

Sarcastically smirking I said,

"Yeah I'm staring at a delinquent".

He laughed. His laugh was manly and made my body jump. It was great and I loved it.

I eventually got ready and it was now late. He chose to now tell me about the bathroom two floors up.

I got in his car and we drove to school.

Getting out the car two girls were whispering. They laughed and pointed at Tristan and I.

Soon enough he told me that people started rumors saying that Tristan and I are dating and living together.

Tristan and I sat on the bleachers at lunch laughing for what felt like hours at these rumors.

I liked me better when I'm with him.

I feel like all the pain just stops when I'm around his presence.

He didn't make me feel bad, strange or uncomfortable in anyway. He made me feel—

Home.

I smiled watching him tell me about his childhood stories.

After school, he told me he would take me home but I told him I wanted to walk. He insisted on coming with me, so I let him.

On the way there, he asked me something...

"So, what happened to your dad, if you don't mind me asking..."

"I stopped breathing for a slight second then said,

" it's okay. My um— my dad he- passed away"

"Oh. I'm sorry." He looked back town.

"It's fine".

"I bet he would be proud to see you now. To see how beautiful you are. How strong you are."

Something about that made couldn't stop smiling.

We had arrived in under thirty minutes and after the conversation with Tristan, I told him about the funny memories of my childhood with my father and he laughed.

I was— happy.

The boy under the street light the night I was in pain was the boy who made me find peace.

He made the hurtingstop.

He was talking until I asked,

"What are you doing to me?"