Alike

"What do you mean?" Tristan was confused. I—was not though.

What is this boy doing to me??

"Um— nothing". Never the less, I didn't want to let him know that I developed feelings for him.

A few things ran through my mind like: "will he like me back?" or "Am I ready?" 

I lied... I am confused. Tristan has been so helpful to me.

This shitty life hasn't been shitty since I met him. Tristan is sweet, kind, innocent and independent. He showed me how much him and I are alike at times. He makes me smile.

Tristan stopped. Going from beside me to in-front, he looks me in the eyes.

Mesmerizing—- admiration —- aww-

Still staring he moves closer and closer till there is nothing but little space between us and in the blink of an eye, his lips touched mine.

I was going through emotions I have never felt before and its overwhelming. Breaking the kiss, I ran inside, up the stairs and locked my door.

I've never smiled or blushed this hard. I've never liked someone this much and I knew it to be a problem.

It's been a week and I have been avoiding Tristan which is ironic seeing that it's his big house and we go to the same school...but— Tristan passes my door a few times at night...

He would check to see if I'm asleep which I am not because all I could think about was him.

It was unfair to act like this but I'm complicated. My life is complicated.

Since the day I saw this boy under the street like I knew we would meet again. He was always there. I felt like I couldn't go in without my dad but he proved to me otherwise. He makes me happy and he is the cure to my depression. This boy is my special drug and—

He needs to know...

I am scared— but I'll try.

I heard Tristan coming up the stairs but my heart did nothing but pound hard as if it were to bust out of my chest.

I couldn't help but run through the door and scream,

"Tristan! I like you! I really- really like—you..."