Taking Flight

/(Y/N)'s POV/

It's been Twenty four hours since we were attacked by Sendak. I still can't believe we nearly lost the lions to him. Everyone is in the healing pod room, waiting for Lance and Rory to wake up. The others are watching Lance sleep in his pod while I'm watching Rory sleep in his. 

Hunk: "I can't tell if he looks healthy or not." I look to my right and everyone is huddled around Lance's Pod. Pidge is pressing her face against the glass, trying to get a closer look at him. 

Pidge: "I think he's breathing weird."

Keith: "Oh, come on!" He tries to open the pod, but Allura stops him.

Allura: "Not yet! A few more ticks." I stand up and walk over to Lance's pod.

Keith: "How much better do you think he's gonna get in a few more ticks?" He needs to learn patience.

Pidge: "And what exactly is a tick?"

Allura: "You know, like a time slice."

Shiro: "Like a second?"

Allura: "What is a "second"?" Pidge pulls out her phone and opens the clock app.

Pidge: "Like this." She shows it to Allura and starts a timer.

Allura: "I'm not sure. I think ticks are bigger. Coran do you have a ticker?"

Coran: "Right here, princess." He pulls out a little glass screen that looked like a square clock with markers at each fifteen minute mark. A light pops up at each marker when a tick goes by. It looked a little slower to me.

(Y/N): "You just so happen to have one with you?"

Coran: "You never know when you need to time something." Me, Pidge, Hunk, and Allura walk over to him. Hunk looks closely at it.

Hunk: "I think ticks are a little slower."

(Y/N): "Yeah, maybe by like a few milliseconds?"

Pidge: "I can't tell. We have to start them at the same time." Coran holds his ticker next to Pidge's phone and we all huddle closer to see.

(Y/N): "Alright, time race!"

Coran: "Okay. Ready, go!" They start their timers and they each seem to to be about the same speed. It's really hard to tell.

Hunk: "Yes! I think we're winning."

Keith: "Winning what? The intergalactic time-measuring competition?" Shiro walks over next to me so he could see too. How is this entertaining to us? I hear a slight hiss behind us, but I'm too into this little race. They look to be neck and neck.

Hunk: "Yes!"

(Y/N): "Come on seconds!" I feel something climb up my leg on onto my shoulder. Probably the mice just trying to get a better look.

Lance: "You guys having a clock party?" I look up and Lance was right there, awake. Everyone, but Hunk let out a gasp in surprise.

Hunk: "Aw, Lance, you just ruined it..." He looks over to him and finally realizes Lance is awake. "Hey, Lance!" He picks him up and gives him a big hug. 

Lance: "What happened." Hunk puts him down and Lance leans on him.

Allura: "We can tell you all about it while you get something to eat. Are you able to walk?" 

Lance: "Talking? Eating? Are you asking me out on a date?" I let out a sigh in irritation. He's perfectly fine if he can still talk like that.

(Y/N): "He hasn't changed one bit... sadly."