Greening the Cube

/(Y/N)'s POV/

(Y/N): "*Gasp!*" I sit up and hastily back myself against my bed wall. I rapidly looked around my room, panic filled my heart. Rory stirs awake in my lap, my head snaps down at him. I take a shaky breath and stroke his fur. He shifts his wings a little but doesn't wake up. Good. "*Whisper* Damnit." I relax a little and catch my breath. I close my eyes and gently bump my head against the wall. I pet Rory for a while then my doors open.

Coran: "Wakey, wak-!"

(Y/N): "Shh!" I hastily shush him and he sees Rory in my lap asleep.

Coran: "*Whisper* Oh! Sorry. We need your help repairing the Castle." I rub my neck and yawn.

(Y/N): "*Whisper* Yeah... yeah, okay." I scoop up Rory from under the blanket and carefully walk up to Coran. "Here."

Coran: "Oh." I hand Rory off to Coran and wrap up my little friend. Now he looks like a little dog in a blanket burrito.

(Y/N): "There. I'll get dressed and meet with whoever I'm helping." I walk over to my desk and pull out a drawer. "Where are the repairs being done?"

Coran: "Oh, they're being done outside." I hear him walk away.

(Y/N): "Outside, got it." I wave my hand over my head, not fully awake. Then I raise my head and turn around. "Wait, what?!" The door closes.

/Timeskip brought to you by (Y/N) tiredly putting on his suit./

Shiro: "Let's hurry up with these repairs. Zarkon could be here at any moment." Hunk twists a handle and a panel with glowing blue spiral tubes rises from the castle wall. I float around my team holding my legs crossed and yawn.

Hunk: "Okay, panel's off. Now, what?"

Coran: "Very simple. Just loosen the blaxums on the somoflange." I float upside down past Lance.

(Y/N): "Uh."

Hunk: "Could you be more specific?"

Allura: "Sorry, Hunk, he means the poklones on the agroclams."

(Y/N): "Really clears that up, thanks."

Hunk: "No, that doesn't help." Lance pushes him out of the way.

Lance: "Easy Hunk. I got this."

(Y/N): "Coming from you, that doesn't fill me with confidence." He presses a couple of buttons and turns a dial. It whirs up and alarms start to go off, turning the once calm blue to blaring red! "I knew it!" The whole wall was flashing red in a hexagonal pattern.

Lance: "Uh-oh. That can't be good."

Allura: "No, not the smalters, the poklones!"

Coran: "No, no! It's the blaxums!"

Keith: "What are you talking about?"

(Y/N): "Are those even words?" I float past the panel and tilt my head at the thing. Pidge floats to the opposite side and examines it. "Oh, wait. I think I see it." I turn a few dials about twenty degrees and press a few buttons before I smack on the side. The alarm blares louder and everyone covers their ears. "My bad!"

Allura: "You just made the alarms scream louder! That's not something it can even do!"

(Y/N): "Do I like clam chowder!? How is that relevant in this situation!?"

Lance: "What did you say about condensation?!" Pidge takes a crack at the panel. She quickly presses a few buttons turns a couple of dials and twists the handle back inside the panel. The alarms stop and the red lights fade away.