The Black Paladin

/(Y/N)'s POV/

We fly back to the Castle as quickly as we could. We all scramble out of the Green Lion and head straight for the bridge. As we pass by the lounge area, I take off my helmet, my damaged chest plate, and my left arm brace and toss it on the couch. I can take care of that later, right now we need to focus on getting Allura back from Zarkon's empire. We enter the bridge and I walk with Pidge and Hunk to her seat.

Shiro: "Pidge, scan the download from the ship. Find out where Zarkon's central command is." She sits down and I lean over her shoulder and see if I can help her find it through the mass of text.

Coran: "What happened? Where's Allura?" I hear Rory whimpering. I look over to Coran and he was holding a scared little Prometheus, trying his best to soothe the little guy. Poor Rory, I can only imagine what the Galra did to make you so scared of that quintessence. I walk over to the small group.

Shiro: "They captured her. She sacrificed herself to save me and the information. I didn't have a choice." Coran looks at Shiro in anger. I get it, if I was charged with looking after her like him, I would be pissed Shiro wasn't able to protect her too.

Coran: "How is that possible?"

Shiro: "Coran, I'm sorry things didn't go as planned, but we can't focus on what went wrong. We've got to figure out how to make it right."

(Y/N): "Pidge, anything?" Rory stops whimpering and looks at me. He was clearly crying hard. Damn Galra! He hops out of Coran's arms and he slams into my chest, shaking like a terrified child. I stroke his fur and he calms down a little. "Hey, you're safe here with us. They can't get to you here." He grips my skin-tight shirt with his paws and I gently squeeze him.

Pidge: "Guys, look at this." She taps the screen and an image of a large ship appears on the wall screen. The ship was much, much larger than the Galra ships we've been seeing.

Coran: "Look at the size of it!" We all gather around Pidge and stare at the wall screen in worry

Coran: "Look at the size of it!" We all gather around Pidge and stare at the wall screen in worry. How are we supposed to break Allura out of that fortress?

Pidge: "I think we should go in right away. Every minute we waste gives Zarkon time to prepare for us."

Lance: "I agree. We form Voltron, fly in, fly out, dust our hands, and walk away."

(Y/N): "I agree as well, we have to act fast. They won't expect us to attack right away."

Hunk: "Uh, do you guys not remember the Balmera? We could barely take out one fleet. But this... a base this size could hold a thousand fleets! And (Y/N), you could seriously get hurt, or worse, you could die."

(Y/N): "When has that ever stopped me? Allura is a friend and a teammate, I would gladly risk my life if it meant I can save any one of you."

Keith: "Or maybe we shouldn't go on this mission at all. Think about it. We'll be delivering the universe's only hope to the universe's biggest enemy." Did he leave his heart back on that Galra base? I hand Rory to Pidge and she tries her best to calm him down.