11

Manik woke up early the next morning, not as early as Cabir though since his bed was empty. He took a shower and got dressed in his uniform like every morning since he's been living at the Raichand Estate. He decided to skip breakfast this morning though and head straight towards Nandini's room, correction, Nandini's old room. From now on it'll be empty as she won't be staying there anymore which made his fingers to curl into tight fist.

He wanted to get a better look at that hole he put in her now shattered mirror to pick up the broken glasses, clean the floor and replace it with a new mirror before anyone gets hurts or notices it.

But When Manik entered the room something was a little bit... off. The curtains were closed in the room.

The last time Manik was in here they were open, no one should have closed them since no one should have been in here. Manik walked deeper into his Mistress's room and opened them, letting the sun shine in.

"Hmmm," he heard a groan.

Manik's eyes widened as he turned around and stared at the bed.

"Close them back." Nandini mumbled.

There his Jaan was all wrapped up and bundled tightly together in her blankets. Manik sighed in relief seeing her sleeping here rather than in Harshad's room.

He got a wicked smile on his face as an idea popped in his mind. He tipped toed his way over to the sleeping Nandini and took a deep breath.

"MORNING NANDINI!" He yelled acting just like before as Cabir advised him to do.

Nandini jumped up and glared, she threw a pillow at the intruder before she ducked under the covers.

Manik laughed as the pillow hit his chest but it was just a pillow, so it didn't hurt.

"Is that how you greet me in the mornings now Nandini?" Manik asked standing right next to her bed.

He jumped next to her figure under the covers and started pulling the blankets around himself, leaving none for the girl lying next to him.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"I didn't get enough sleep last night, I think I'll take a nap." Manik sighed closing his eyes.

A kick. A powerful, hurtful kick that was able to push him off the bed hit Manik.

"My bed." Nandini growled.

"Ow." Manik mumbled picking himself up.

"Glad to see you in a good mood today," he said.

Nandini just squirmed under the covers, stretching her legs out before curling back up into a ball. She ignored the intruder and tried to fall back asleep.

"So that's how we're going to play it huh? Fine. Wow, today is such a lovely day." Manik said while walking towards the window. He stared outside for a second before looking at his Love.

"The sun is up, not a cloud in the sky, the birds are singing their lovely tune. I think it's the perfect time for tea."

A flinch. It wasn't very visible, but it was all Manik needed to see to know that he had her.