13:Part A

Month 1.

They say the first month of pregnancy is the hardest. That seems unbelievable, but it may be true to some people. Maybe physically it isn't the hardest month but mentally... for Nandini this was going to be her hardest.

Nandini's seen pregnant woman, some of her maids have been pregnant at one time or another. She's heard the stories about how happy they were and how happy their friends and family were for them. Nandini knew no one would be happy for her pregnancy, at least no one she truly cared about.

Mukti was... maybe she liked the idea of her being pregnant but not about who the Father was.

Nandini hated both, pregnancy and the baby's Father but what could she do? She wouldn't kill a living creature, a part of herself. It hurts Nandini though because she knew she had chosen the baby over Manik ; Manik knew that too. She chose Harshad's child rather than him.

It didn't matter though, what happened has happened and it cannot be changed; Nandini and Manik had to deal with it.

So when the time came for Nandini to finally tell her friends and family... she wished the ground would open and swallow her up.

It was breakfast time, Harshad was also present as he had returned back from his trip last night. It was the three of them at the table, Nandini , Harshad, and Harshvardhan, but they weren't the only ones in the room. Mukti and Alya were also present standing beside their Masters waiting for orders.

Nandini while taking a bite out of her bread, emotionlessly announced...

"I'M PREGNANT!."

Harshad dropped his bread he was holding, his eyes widening along with it.

Alya gasped but quietly remembering her place and hoped her employers didn't hear her.

Harshvardhan just looked up from his meal with his usual stoic emotionless face.

"Already?" Harshvardhan asked.

Nandini wished her Father had died instead of her Mother, so much at the moment.

"Is this true?" Harshad asked, a smile slowly spreading across his face.

Him! Being a Father?! HIS Heir, HIS OWN BLOOD ?!

"Mukti took me to our family daima, I'm one month pregnant." Nandini said.

"This is wonderful!" Harshad yelled in happiness, getting up from his seat.

He crossed the room and pulled his wife in his arms, kissing both her cheeks and forehead. Nandini just stood there still while inwardly cringing in disgust, there wasn't a smile on her face or frown nothing... just... blank.

"Harshad, don't think this means you can skip out of your business trips now." Harshvardhan said, it's always only business for him.

Harshad looked at him and nodded.

"Right, but still! I at least want to be with her for the ending months so I can help wit-"

"This is the reason we have servants and Daima Harshad, to handle and take care of situations like these." Harshvardhan said.