Chapter 13

JHO'S POV

This is it. I'll be undergoing to my treatment. That treatment will help me to have healthy heart pero that can't say na maaalis yung heart condition ko. It'll just clean the clogged part ng puso ko pero this treatment is a but dangerous lalo na at sensitive ang katawan ko when it comes to meds and other stuffs.

"Mom? Do you think I'll be okay? Will Jia be okay din?" I asked.

"Honey, she'll be okay. Promise. Also, promise me to be strong okay?" She smiled at me.

"Mom, kailan ako mag-uunder go sa treatment?" Tanong ko ulit.

"Jho, honey, you'll be fine. That's why we chose here because they have highest rate sa paggawa ng treatment na 'yon." Mom really assured me.

*Time skips to saturday, the day of the treatment*

This is it, the day of my treatment. Since we got here, Jia never spoke to me but I know she'll read my texts to her so I sent one:

"Hi, Jia! I miss you so much. This is the day of my treatment and after an hour, I'll be off to the OR. Remember that I love you."

"Jhoana, are you good? How are you feeling?" My doctor asked.

"I'm doing fine, Doc. But, at the same time, I feel nervous because what if it'll not be that successful? Am I gonna stay for long?" I asked.

"Hey, Jhoana. Look, I promise you to do everything I can to have a successful treatment." She gave me a warm hug that made me feel at ease.

"Are you ready?" My mom asked.

"Mom, if something happens don't let Jia be sad, okay? Tell her that I really love her no matter what and I forgave her years ago so she should also forgive herself." I said.

"Honey, you'll be fine and you'll gonna be with Jia soon." Mom said

"Ms. Maraguinot, we have to enter the operating room now." A nurse said.

Mom and I hugged each other and I went to the operating room.

JIA'S POV

Since the day Jho left, I never texted or chatted her because I am busy preparing my flight to US but unfortunately, hindi ako nakakuha ng mas maagang flight kaysa sa treatment date nya.

"Ate Aly, sorry if iwan ko muna din kayo. If you need something just call me and we're going to video call every night and every free time nyo to have updates about Jho. Wish her to have a successful treatment." Sabi ko kay Ate Aly

"Yes sure, Jia. Basta 'wag mo din papabayaan sarili mo ha? Sa semestral break nagbabalak ang team na sundan kayo doon so we can have some time rin to rest." Sagot ni Ate Aly.

"I'll go now, guys. Take care!" I waved my goodbyes to them, as I leave them infront of the departure area.