Part 1

A/N: Hello everyone! Just thought I would add in this note to say thank you to everyone who has come to read this story. Before you start, would just like to admit that this was my first ever Matty fic I wrote back in early 2019 and it's not as good as my newer ones (Nothing Revealed In A Common Crisis or Chicken Shop Date), but I also don't want to delete it for sentimental reasons lol. So please go easy on it, its not the best but it's also not the worst I've ever read. Regardless, I hope you enjoy the fic for the fluff that it is x

~*~*~*~

Manchester Piccadilly train station is one of the most hectic places on the planet and nothing could persuade you otherwise. The amount of times you had been shoved to the side or pushed in front of whilst waiting was a joke to you, but you never said anything. That's how your life went living in Manchester, you just had to accept your fate and play with the cards you'd been dealt. Arguing back with strangers wasn't one of those things, so you never did it. However, today was slightly different.

You were rushing to Platform 6 trying and catch your train to London Euston. Your train left at 10:15am and it was currently 10:11am. You'd just ran through the glass doors into the station and the smell of Burger King filled your senses as you made your way through the crowd of people. Your stomach started begging you for food, but you really didn't have the time.

Today, you were one of those twats that ran into people in the station and murmured a halfhearted 'Sorry' on the way past. But you felt like you had a valid excuse. If you didn't catch this train you wouldn't be on time to meet your employer in London, not to mention probably having to pay for the ticket again. You didn't have a lot of money being a newly qualified photographer and you certainly couldn't afford another £60 to get yourself down to London.

Your morning had been shit. You woke up late for a start after your flatmate kept you up to the early hours of the morning. You had put on your ripped, black skinny jeans and routed in your wardrobe for a top to wear. At the back you saw your old original The 1975 top and threw it on. You quickly brushed your hair and put on some black eyeliner after shoving the rest of your shit in your bag. You silently praised yourself for packing the majority of your stuff in your rucksack the previous day.

Once ready, you grabbed your camera bag quickly and ran out of your flat and headed for the bus stop. Luckily you just lived a short bus journey from the train station, and you were now starting to get excited to be going to London. The excitement turned into annoyance when your bus turned up 10 minutes late and you probably could have walked to the station faster than the bus had taken you.

After feeling inspired by finding your old top you decided to drown out the annoying teens on the bus by playing your old 1975 playlist. You turned your earphones up to a deafening level, which was only possible because you had tampered with them to make them louder than was probably safe for your ears. To make the morning worse, the bus driver wouldn't let you off the bus fast enough for your liking and you hated running, but you had been forced to do so to catch the train on time.

Whilst running your rucksack was slamming down into your lower back and your arms were wrapped around your camera bag to protect it the best you could. You accidentally ran into a few people as you rushed to the platform and you were almost certain they didn't hear your apology in your rush.

You quickly got to the barriers and forced the ticket into the machine and grabbed it from the top as soon as the gates opened. As you ran to the closest train door and pressed the open button about 10 times before it eventually opened, and you saw out of the corner of your eye that the time that had just changed to 10:14.

You let out a sigh of relief when you stepped onto the train and stayed still until the train set off getting oxygen back into your lungs. Once you eventually got your breath back, you started making your way down the train to find your seat. You were currently in carriage A and your seat had been booked for carriage E seat 25.