Chapter 4

I do not own Blue Exorcist or LotR.

-

Rin held a note in his hands inviting him to a council. Huh.

-

Walking through the halls of Imladris, (he thinks that's the name, at least) was a wonderful pastime in his personal opinion. Unless he wanders across an elf, because, um, beautiful people are scary.

Yeah.

He sat on a windowsill, deciding to simply pet Kuro and watch the view. He then zoned out.

"My apologies for disturbing you."

The smallest part of him that reacted quicker than the rest whispered, not again.

He then proceeded to startle so badly that he nearly fell out the window. At the last second he threw his weight backwards to prevent an unfortunate and also short flight. He rolled and got to his feet, blushing heavily.

"Yeah no problem."

The elf was looking at him, alarm in his expression. "Are you injured? I did not have the intention of startling you."

Rin blushed even more. Crap, he's hot.

"It's fine. So are you here for the council?" He attempted to change the subject.

"Smooth, Rin."

Shaddup.

A slightly amused expression crossed the blonde elf's face before he answered. "Yes, I am the representative of Mirkwood."

When in doubt, pretend you know what they're talking about.

"Oh, that's cool. I guess I'll be seeing you later." Rin was suddenly possessed by a spirit with the ability to speak eloquently, for which he praised every deity in existence.

The elf nodded and left, and Rin removed the handkerchief to wipe his forehead.

Jeez, I should just lock myself in my room.

-

Meanwhile, a little further down the hall, Legolas turned back for a second and was deeply surprised to see that the warrior with the magical sword (news spread quicker than one would think in close circles) was hiding two very elf-like ears.

He may want to speak to Lord Elrond about this.

-

Rin shoved his hands in his pockets as he walked to the council he had been invited to.

"Are you excited, Rin!! I am definitely excited."

Rin shrugged. I'm not sure what to expect is all.

When he arrived he went to sit beside Frodo, giving him a grin as he did so.

The Hobbit smiled back, although Rin could practically feel the nervousness emanating of him.

He had spoken with the Hobbit once or twice before the council, although only for short amounts of time. He seemed to be mostly healed, although Rin could sense a slight darkness hanging around his shoulder where he had been stabbed.

Go sit on his lap, Kuro. Cat Sidhe also make good emotional support animals in a pinch.

Frodo startled when the cat first climbed onto his lap, but quickly grew accustomed to the demon as it started head-butting him and purring lightly.

Rin looked to see that the rest of the council had arrived.

When Frodo put the ring on the pedestal, Rin stared at it, rather confused, but Kuro started meowing loudly, sending several heads snapping towards them.