Chapter 11

I don't own anything, including ALL pictures.

---

It began to rain.

Of course it's raining. Because devil's luck is a lie and I hate everything.

"Your pessimist side is showing, Rin."

The half-demon was standing on the battlements of Helm's Deep, Legolas on his right. The orc armies were approaching, marching forward. Their numbers were huge, to say the least. He was pretty sure that he had never seen a bigger amount of people.

"Are you ready, Rin?"

... no.

"Timing is going to be important."

I know.

The orcs stopped. Aragorn began to rally the elven troops. "-Show them no mercy! For you shall receive none!"

Rin flinched as an animalistic cry came from the orc leader. His hand tightened on the sheathed Koma sword, heartbeat echoing in his ears loudly enough to drown out the surrounding noise.

An orc fell. Later, he would learn that an older man had lost a grip on his bow. A silence reigned for but a few seconds, than the orcs charged.

"Now, Rin."

The half-demon bit his lip and nodded, before turning to Legolas slightly. The elf looked at him, some confusion in his eyes. Rin blushed and gave him a quick peck on the cheek before jumping over the side of the battlement.

Fine, you stupid cat, I kept your end of the deal.

"Was it really that hard."

He unsheathed Kurikara and swiped it in one long U-shape, before narrowing his eyes in concentration as he willed it to get bigger. Some of the advancing orcs paused, only to be run over by their less hesitant brethren.

The fire cut into the front line like a scythe, and caught like gasoline. Arrows that had been held by the enemy were released, and Rin ducked and dodged but was still grazed several times. The half-demon gaped as the single arc of satanic flame spread, leaping from beast to beast. Huge ladders that they had been carrying went up in flame even quicker than the orcs, causing lines of blue flame to spread out from the initial wave. Howls and screams filled the air as lines upon lines of orcs were wiped out.

Rin's grip tightened on his sword, and he concentrated on the blue fire to grow, a bonfire emerging from the enemy army. He looked back at the battlements for a few seconds, and saw awed faces bathed in blue light.

An explosion as what Rin could guess was a bomb caught fire, and orcs went flying. The blue fire just kept going, but the half-demon could tell that he was reaching his limit.

Behind him, silence permeated the armies of men and elves. The rest of the orcs, what could only be less than a thousand ran in an attempt to escape the flame. The arc of fire ended when the very stupid beings realized that all they had to do to not die was not stand close to their comrades.

Unfortunately, it seemed to take nine thousand+ of their number dying to figure that out.

"That's a lotta damage."

Oh my god, Kuro.

The half-demon felt dizzy, and stumbled to his knees. Probably caused Kuro's statement. Hey Kuro, I think Imma lie down for a sec.

Kuro nodded and placed the half-demon gently onto his back. The last thing Rin heard was screams and cries of jubilation echoing from Helm's Deep as the last orcs attempted to rally themselves for a heavily outnumbered battle.