Chapter 12

I own nothin.

---

Rin sighed softly as he lay on the hard floor of Orthanc, sleepless. Eventually he sat up. Somewhat noisily, apparently, as he saw Legolas sit up not seconds later. The elf saw him to be up and quietly (silently, really) came over, sitting next to him before smiling softly at the half-demon, who flushed slightly.

"You needn't worry about Saruman's words, nin mel." The elven prince took Rin's hand in his own. "He spoke but lies and twisted truths. Besides, " Legolas's smile widened, and wow Rin could just melt right there and then because he might not be the smartest but even he could tell that the elf's smile was pure adoration, "Demon is a rather vague term, is it not?"

Rin finally found his voice. "U-um, yeah," His cheeks burned. "I think it means something different where I'm from." A delighted curiosity spread across the elf's face at his words, and a question was quickly posed. "Would you tell me of where you are from, Rin?"

Rin blinked before smiling slightly. "Sure, why not?" Where to start. "We, umm, don't speak Westron." Legolas nodded attentively, and Rin's tired brain confidence grew. "We speak Japanese, which is really different, although not in a bad way."

The pair continued talking the night away.

---

Rin's eyes narrowed as he heard whispers coming from Merry and Pippin.

The remaining fellowship had returned to Edoras, and a feast was being held in the name of the victories accomplished.

"-come on, hand it over, you know I won fair and square, Pip." Said Hobbit sighed as he shuffled through his bag before handing Merry what looked to be a pouch of pipeweed, giving it one last sorrowful glance before it left his hand.

Did they ... bet on something?

Rin scooted down one of the hall benches to speak to them, curiosity getting the best of him. The hobbits startled when they saw him, looking at him with something very akin to guilt, although an undertone of subtle amusement had seeped into the situation from somewhere.

Rin bit his lip, rethinking his decision to come over. He had remained mostly solitary after the whole... Saruman thing (Excluding Legolas). Welp, too late now.

"Hello Rin!" The two hobbits chimed simultaneously. Merry hid the pouch of pipeweed behind his back.

"...Hi."

"Ahh, is that Okumura Rin I hear speaking to people ! The Most Eloquent half-demon in all of Middle Earth."

I do not need your sass right now, Kuro.

"You should ask them what they were betting on." The cat smirked, and Rin squinted at it suspiciously.

You know. Not a question.

The son of Satan turned back to the Hobbits, who seemed to have been watching the exchange with curious eyes.

"Kuro wanted to know what you were betting on." Merry and Pippin both blushed slightly but answered awkwardly.

"... whether you were an elf or not." Merry said.

Rin gaped at them.

"Hey, that's not all! " Pippin cried indignantly, completely forgetting any previous discomfort. "If he had been an orc or something that was once an elf I still would have won."

!!!

Merry gave a smug smirk. "But he isn't, is he, Pip? So your Longbottom Leaf is now mine." He dangled the bag in front of his cousin victoriously.

Kuro was cackling, loudly enough to draw the attention of Gandalf who looked over at the cat before returning to his own conversation.

Pippin pouted at his cousin. "Well, don't forget our other bet." Rin sweatdropped when a mischievous grin turned on him. "Say, Rin, have you and Legolas-" He was interrupted by Merry who had clapped a hand over the other hobbit's mouth and muttered, "No rigging the bet, Pippin.", before dragging the hobbit off to a different table, where they both were soon caught up in festivities.

I have no words.

Rin looked over to the other side of the hall, where Legolas and Gimli were having a ... drinking contest? He was just in time to see Gimli belch and fall over.

Yeah, this is good.

---

The son of Satan jolted awake when he heard a sudden cry. Legolas sprang to his feet. "He is here!" Rin scrambled up after him and they bolted inside. they burst into the room where the others had been sleeping. Gandalf grabbed a cloak and threw it over the palantír as it slipped from Pippin's grasp.

"Pippin!" Merry cried in terror. Boromir hovered over them, hand on his sword but there was no enemy here he could fight.

"Fool of a Took!" Gandalf snarled, pushing Merry away before bending over Pippin. Pippin looked frozen and shocked. Gandalf chanted something under his breath, while touching Pippin's forehead. Pippin then awakened and started panting, horrified. "Look at me."

Pippin cringed. "Gandalf, forgive me."

"Look at me. What did you see?" Pippin turned away, but Gandalf turned Pippin to face him.

"A tree. There was a white tree. In a courtyard of stone. It was dead." He whispered. Gandalf saw an image of the Court of the Fountain burning. "The city was burning."

"Minas Tirith? Is that what you saw?"

"I saw...I saw him! I can hear his voice in my head."

"And what did you tell him? Speak!" "He asked me my name. I didn't answer. He hurt me." Pippin sniffed.

"What did you tell him about Frodo and the Ring?"

"Nothing."

---

I am so dead right now I can't even. It is 4 a.m. and my hyperfixation kicked right back in and started screaming at me to write this chapter after being silent about the story for-ever. Sorry y'all. Yes, I know it's short. And to user Down in jungleland, sorry i'm so petty but like imagine going all the way to chapter 8 just to type meh like come on man just do it in chapter one it's too early to confuse me like this. P.s. i just proofread and I am so sorry y'all this suuuucks and is soooo short. And I'm running out of anime versions of lotr characters ugghhh.

P.P.S yeah i edited this again hope you didn't notice lol