Chapter 17

I don't own Blue Exorcist or Lotr, but I do own this long ass chapter, and this crappy art of the scene above lol that took way too long for its quality

---

They rode from Gondor at dusk. As always, Rin rode with Legolas so that Gimli could carefully avoid horseback in trade for catback. A small army of 500 followed behind them, consisting of the gondorian soldiers that had survived the last battle.

Oh, ok so I understand why people didn't want to march on the Black Gates now.

"Oh Rin, always so astute."

Tch.

The gates loomed even in the distance, their vertigo-inducing height becoming more apparent by the second. The world got darker as they approached, sunlight smothered by the dark ash clouds produced by the volcano. When they arrived, Aragorn rode out in front of them.

"Let the lord of the Black Land come forth; let justice be done upon him."

From behind the huge gates, a chanting started and clanging of armour started, so loud he cringed in pain. Screeching metal added to the clangour as the gates slowly opened. He could just see to the top where enslaved trolls powered the machinery behind the construction.

Legolas gave a sharp inhale, seeing something he didn't when the gates had just begun to open, and turned around to give him a gentle kiss, uncaring of the audience of soldiers behind them.

"-Im mel cin, nín rin."

Rin felt himself turn bright red, speechless for a moment. "Ah-h- Aishitemasu." He slapped a hand over his mouth when the Japanese slipped out instead of elvish, but Legolas looked absolutely delighted, so he supposed he could leave it at that.

He focused back on the Black Gates after a few moments, and the butterflies in his stomach died and turned to lead at the sight.

An army marched through them. It was not an army like that at Helms deep, or at Gondor. Hundreds of thousands of orcs marched out of the gate, chanting in that guttural language.

"Pull back! Pull back!" Aragorn yelled to the soldiers as the enemy approached. Behind the orcs, the great eye was focused on them.

A single rider approached the company, and just wow this man makes me want to brush my teeth literally right now.

The mouth dude spoke, "My master Sauron bids thee welcome."

Rin would have laughed at the expression of disgust on Legolas's face if he hadn't been absolutely sure that he was wearing the same one.

"Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me?"

No, I don't think there are any dentists here. Rin shivered as he felt the thing's gaze crawl its way over him.