- 13 -

questions

As George and Clay arrived at the table, everybody was eagerly awaiting them. The whole friend group had been worried about George, not being able to contact him for days. "Hey, Gogy," Tommy was the first to greet him, he was almost screaming. "Hey," George softly said, a smile being spread across his face. They sat down, George making sure he sat close to Clay.

Nick smiled at them, knowing his plan worked out. He watched clay and George without them knowing. George kind of only paid attention to Clay, Clay on the other hand split his attention but one arm laid around George's waist. 

The rest of lunch break went by smoothly, George, Clay and Tubbo were on their way to their last period. They pulled George's pult closer to them, making sure Clay and George were by each other's side. Toby didn't really care, he knew he wouldn't be left out no matter where he sat. 

"Clay," George whispered. As a response, Clay simply looked up. He was actually trying to do the work, George clearly wasn't. "I just noticed that I don't even have your number," he said. "Oh, wait," Clay whispered, "wait I'm not even in any group chats, wow, I'm gonna go to Nick and complain about it" George rolled his eyes and handed him his phone. Clay put in his number, handing it back. While Clay turned back to the sheet of paper in front of him, George added him to the group chat. For the rest of the lesson, George was staying quiet, feared of being too annoying and him switching up his opinion about George. He didn't know why he had to think like that. 

bitches, whores, children and nick 

*gogy added clay:) to the group chat*

Clay felt his phone vibrating at the back of his pocket, he whispered "thanks" to the guy he previously kissed. George couldn't really focus on the sheet of paper in front of him, he didn't want to distract clay either. Normally, Toby and him would joke around and do dumb stuff, not even bothering to keep up with class. Now that Clay is here, even Toby was suddenly paying attention. Time passed slowly, he spent it watching at other students, mostly Clay.

As soon as they stepped out of school, Nick was running towards them, Clay was ready to walk home alone. George tapped on his shoulder, offering a ride home with Nick and him. He agreed - he couldn't really turn it down, right?

The three guys sat in George's car, listen to loud music (Nick picked it), only Nick sang the lyrics, George smiled because Nick was happy, Clay was torn. He didn't really know what to do. He was pretty sure he couldn't exactly return George's feelings and he couldn't leave him alone - he clearly needed him.

Clay never was a person that developed feelings, he never experienced a crush or something like that. He didn't really feel love, he wasn't complaining though. He didn't know why he kissed George in the first place. He liked the feeling and he gets butterflies, but do they really matter? If he sometimes was embarrassed when he looked at George? When he sometimes cringed at him? Is that was having a crush feels like?

"You okay, Clay?" Nick asked as he looked at him through rearview mirror. Clay nodded and smiled a bit. George raised an eyebrow but didn't really question anything since he had to concentrate on driving - he didn't want to get into an accident with Clay and Nick. 

That day wasn't particularly interesting, as it seemed. The three boys didn't communicate at all after the car ride, Clay only responded to a few messages in the group chat as he was the new one.

Nick spent his evening trying to figure out the relationship between George and Clay and why George hated him so much at first. It didn't really make sense to him since he now was clinging onto the new student.

Clay spent his evening and partly night trying to figure out what was wrong with him - why he never felt real love, never had a crush and why he gets butterflies in his tummy at the same time as he is cringing at the guy he previously kissed.

George didn't sleep, he had his normal thoughts in his mind, keeping him up all night. George didn't know what to do anymore, he didn't know why he was so tired of life. A year ago, he was perfectly fine. He's never had any problems, has he?