Chapter 9.

Y/n POV:

"And now, finally I can sleeeeep." I said and dragged to a suitable place next to the campfire and stumbled to the ground to lie down. I sighed in relief and closed my eyes.

"Well someone seems to be tired." Diego said with a little laugh.
"Come here." Diego said quietly and tucked me closer to him. He, on the other hand, rested his own head on top of my head.

"Good night, Diego." I said and closed my eyes and relaxed in the warmth of Diego.

"Sleep well, Y/n." Diego said and gently kissed my forehead and then lowered his head back over mine. And before I knew it, I had fallen in a deep sleep.

Third Person POV:

"Remember the good old days?" Sid asked, sighing as he dragged his own 'bed' next to Diego and Y/n.

"Wich good old days?" Diego asked and raised his head slightly to look at Sid.

"Oh, you know... yesterday, last week, back when the trees went up and down and the ground stayed under our feet." Sid explained and at the same time he cleaned his surroundings with his tail.

"Yep, those were the good days." Diego replied and thought a little,
"Possums were possums, and... Mammoths were Mammoths... We should get some sleep." Diego said.

"Yeah. Tomorrow's the day the vulture said we're all gonna die." Sid said and after saying that, he fell asleep immediately. Sid's saying, however, left Diego to think, he was scared, for you and himself, and of course the others but, you know...

'I have to tell it to her tomorrow...' Diego thought and then kissed your forehead once more and lowered his head back over your head lightly. Then it was time for Diego to get some sleep and not long so all seven mammals were asleep and silence covered the environment.

Y/n POV:
~In your dream~

"Diego? Diego where are you?! Diego?!" I cried as I ran in the darkness, I heard others talking around me but I couldn't see anyone until the white bright light filled the darkness and I saw Diego, Sid, Manny, Eddie, Crash and Ellie walking in front of me.

"Hey guys, wait for me!" I shouted after them but they didn't stop so I started running after them. When I lifted my paw off the ground, I felt like it was glued to the ground with some sticky substance and I couldn't move anywhere. Before I even noticed, a big wave came in front of us and swept Manny, Ellie, Sid, Crash and Eddie into the water. However, the water circled me and Diego and Diego turned to look at me, he was... crying?

"You promised... you promised you would never leave... you promised that you will be back..." Diego said but his voice was quiet and very distant.

"Diego, what do you mean? I am here, in front of you!" I told him but another tear flowed down his cheek.

"You promised..." He said and the same wave set off to suck Diego in and Diego was soon swept into the water.

"Diego!" I shouted and tried to go after him but I couldn't move. At the same time, I saw the same two water creatures swim closer to him, and were attacking Diego.

"Diego! Watch out! Behind you!" I yelled at him loudly and he slowly turned around and looked at me, I saw the pain in his eyes and the way he wasn't even trying to stop the water creatures from doing anything bad to him.

And before I knew it,

Diego was gone...

"Gah-!" I shivered awake breathlessly and when I looked next to me, luckily I saw Diego there. When I saw that he was next to me and he had nothing to worry about, I finally relaxed.

"It was just a dream..." I said to myself with a sigh. When I looked around I saw Manny sleeping next to a tree where Eddie, Crash and Ellie were sleeping. I didn't see Sid anywhere, he probably sleepwalked again. Then I closed my eyes again and tried to get sleep and I succeeded at that after a while.

~Timeskip in the morning~

I felt the heat and rays of the sun shining on us and I began to wake up. However, I heard how Diego was still sleeping next to me.

"Diegoo~, it's time to wake up." I said and got up to sit next to him and kissed his forehead. Diego woke up and yawned deeply and stretched his limbs at the same time so that his front paws were in the water... wait... water?!

"Water? Water!" Diego first asked sleepily, and then shouted as he jumped farther out of the water, straight into Manny's back and this woke him up as well.

"Diego, calm down, it's just water." I told him and calmed him down but it didn't help right away as while Manny got up Diego dripped from his back and Manny bumped into the tree where Crash, Eddie and Ellie were, it caused them to drip to the ground, straight to the water, screaming.

"Crash, I told you not to drink before bed." Eddie said to his brother.

"I didn't do this." Crash said angrily and got up to stand in the water and then continued more calmly,
"At least not all of it." Having said that, they walked out of the water to us.

"What's happening?" Ellie asked.

"We overslept. We need to move." Manny replied.

"What if we're the last creatures left alive? We'll have to repopulate the earth." Eddie said and I rolled my eyes.

"How? Everyone's either a dude, our sister or a female who could eat us all for breakfast." Crash said back and stared at us all, making this really embarrassing. Luckily it ended as Sid returned to us.

"Oh, uh, hi... Hey, Manny. Wow, what a night. You never guess what happened to me." Sid said as he walked closer to us.

"I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you were sleepwalking." Diego said.

"Oh, no, no, no. I was kidnapped by a Tribe of mini-sloths." Sid explained to us.

"Okay, so you- WHAT?!" I said.

"That was gonna be my second guess." Diego said.

"And they worshiped me." Sid said dreamily and continued.
"I mean, sure, they tossed me into a flaming tar pit, but they worshiped me."

"Sid, you were dreaming. Come on. The water's rising faster than we're moving." Manny said and sounded irritated as he set out to walk forward.

"But I'm telling you, I was kidnapped. I was wor- worshiped, and they... guys?... Oh, fine." Sid explained and we continued our journey, again.