Chapter 1.

Y/n POV:

Okay a lot has happened since we left traveling together, me, Diego, Manny and Sid. We are a good team. Sid has set up his own camp, Diego and I have become closer, really, but he has not yet said those three words that I have been waiting for. He said he wants to say them when it's time and we take things slowly, or at least we try our best.

For my part, I was just coming back from the round because I wanted to make sure everything was well around us. As I was walking back, I could already see how two familiar mammals stood with their backs to me and how they had a crowd of children in front of them. I saw Diego and Manny but I didn't see Sid anywhere... should I worry?

As I walked closer to them I noticed that Sid was jumping away and his legs were tied together. He looked hurt as he walked/jumped past me.

"Hey Sid, what's wrong?" I asked but I didn't get an answer. Then I saw Manny and Diego turn to me and Sid, I for myself gave them a questioning look.

"Come on, Sid." Manny shouted after Sid but Sid didn't care.

"Sid, we were just kidding." Diego said back and I walked closer to them. I also heard the kids laughing in the background.

"What did you do to him now?" I asked a little angry.

"Nothing." Both of them answered and I raised my eyebrows at them.

"Yeah, right." I said and went next to them. Then one of the children noticed me,

"Hey look, it's Y/n!" Then all the children came closer and stopped laughing.

"Y/n! Tell us the story!" One of the children shouted and the others joined him.

"Okay but if I tell you, I want you to apologize to Sid because what you did to him wasn't right," I said and then looked at Manny and Diego,
"And you apologize to him, too, is that clear?" I asked and turned to look back at the children.

"Yes Y/n." The children said slowly and somehow in shame.

"All right, what story do you want to hear?" I asked and the kids thought until one little bird said from behind,

"Tell us a love story... about the two of you." She said and meant me and Diego.

"No, tell us a story where something exciting is happening!" The beaver shouted and raised his hand.

"No, love story." The bird said again.

"Exciting." The beaver said.

"Okay, okay, no fighting, okay? I am sure that this story will fit you, it is both the exciting and kinda love story." I told and prepared to tell the story of how I met Diego and how we brought the baby back to the humans... however, I didn't tell all the details.

Timeskip

"...and so the baby got back to the humans, to his own family and so the four of us have been traveling together since that day... the end." I said and all the children had listened carefully.

"That was good, Y/n." Diego said with a smile.

"Agreed." Manny said.

"Okay, that was it, does anyone have any questions?" I asked and got up.

"That was a good love story but where is the phrase 'I love you' ?" The bird asked again.

"Well, to be honest, I don't know, it'll come when it comes." I answered and pushed Diego a little on the side so he would get a hint.

"Oh, another question, why did Diego joined you three?" One of the children asked.

"Because we needed help finding the humans." I answered.