Chapter 10.

Y/n POV:

"Food, Glorious food..." Sid sang in front of us as we continued our journey towards the boat.

"Sid!" We all shouted at him that he would stop because we all had enough of that singing.

"What? It's catchy." Sid asked innocently and raised his shoulders. As we focused in front of us again, we saw in front of us a large wooden boat on top of a cliff, the one which the vulture spoke to us a couple of days ago.

"We made it." Diego pointed out and stepped a couple of steps closer, Sid and I did the same, leaving Manny and Ellie behind us.

"Yeah, we showed those scary vultures!" Sid said and we all started cheering because we had gotten there. Diego and I looked at each other and smiled and when I looked behind us I saw that Manny and Ellie laughed together and their heads touched each other which made them both look away from each other.

However, it ended as we heard a distant rumble. As we took a step forward, hot steam erupted directly in front of us. This made Ellie scream and I, for my part, almost had a heart attack and I jumped back next to Diego.

"Oh, it's just a little hot water and steam. How bad could it be?" Sid said next to us and both me and Diego looked at him worriedly. Then we saw a dodo bird walking in front of us and a bad thing for him; the ground under him erupted and boiling hot water came from under the ground and the dodo bird dropped back to the ground but he was fried.

"I just did something involuntary... And messy." Sid said in a small shock. The next thing I noticed was that Manny kept walking forward.

"Okay, come on." Manny told us as he walked forward and at that very moment a new eruption took place right in front of his face.

"Manny! Get back. It's a minefield out there." Diego shouted at him.

"There's only one way to go: straight through." Manny said back.

"Straight through?" Ellie asked and had no faith in what Manny had just told us,
"We'd like to keep the fur on our bodies, thank you. We'll head back and we'll go around; that's safer."She continued.

"No, no, there's no time. The dam will burst before we make it. We'll drown." Manny said back. Honestly, I like Ellie's idea more.

"If we go through this, we get blown to bits." Ellie nodded back and this developed into the first fight between Ellie and Manny. They shouted at each other and every time they did, they shouted louder.

"We go forward." Manny shouted.
"We go back." Ellie shouted back.
"Forward!"
"Back!"
"Foward!"
"Back!"
"Can I say something?" Diego asked politically.
"NO!" They both shouted at him. Poor Diego.

"You are so stubborn and hardheaded." Manny shouted at Ellie angrily.

"Well, I guess that proves it: I am a Mammoth." Ellie said back angrily and then she turned around.
"Come on." She said and grabbed Crash and Eddie from the ground.

"Fine." Manny said and continued in the other direction. For my part, I looked at Ellie and then Diego who was waiting for me.

"Diego... I... I think I should go with Ellie." I said a little uncertainly.

"Are you sure? But what if you get hurt? Maybe I should come-" Diego began worried but I interrupted him.