Chapter 5.

Y/n POV:

We had walked together but one little thing slowed us down, namely Crash, Eddie and Ellie were a bit slow as they were moving in hiding. Then Diego and I walked ahead of the others.

"Well, what do you think of this flood, and how could we all just... drown?" I asked Diego and he thought for a moment.

"I don't know, it's scary-, maybe-, just a little because we sabers are not afraid of anything." Diego said proudly.

"Oh, really?" I asked and raised my eyebrows at him.

"Yes." He said quickly and made it clear.

"Okay, just the way you want." I said and now it was Diego's turn to ask.

"What did that mean?" He asked.

"Oh, nothing... well, if we survive-" I started and Diego corrected my saying.

"When, we survive..." He corrected.

"I mean, when we survive, what are you thinking of doing? In the future?" I asked and we stopped walking and started to wait for others.

"I don't know, look a new home cave to us, hunt antelopes, start a family and play with the cubs." Diego told me and I, on the inside, smiled like crazy but externally I tried not to smile that much.

"So you want to start a family and have cubs? With me?" I asked little excitedly.

"Of course I want. But not yet, because this 'the end of the world' thing is coming and I think we are not ready for it, yet." Diego said and I just kissed him and pressed my face to his cheek.

"That's the plan then..." I said with a smile.

"Okay Y/n and Diego, come on." Sid shouted at us and stuttered between us so that separated us from our embrace.

"Okay, we're coming." I said and we went for a walk after them.

Not long so we had arrived on ice that had already partially melted. We did well but Diego, on the other hand, didn't seem to be all right as he was lagging behind and walking slower than usual.

"Diego, there are whole continents moving faster than you. Let's go! We got to catch up with the others." Manny yelled at him and I slowed down so I was walking next to Diego.

"Diego? Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yes, I am, don't worry." He answered but kept his eyes on the ice. For my part, I let it be and kept walking. Then Crash and Eddie ran and laughed as we walked over the small iceberg.

"Hey, knock it off." Diego said after them.

"Oh, cry me a river, blubber-tooth tiger. Have some fun." Eddie (?) Said back to Diego and we jumped down.

"Can't you see the ice is thin enough without you two wearing it down?" Diego asked and looked at where he stepped.

"Oh, Diego, come on, the ice may be thin, but it's strong enough to hold a ten-ton Mammoth and a nine-ton Possum." Sid said and pointed to Manny and Ellie. Diego, on the other hand just made a 'hmm' voice in response.

Then I heard something under the ice but I think it was just due to the movement of water. But then I heard it again,

"Hey did you hear that too?" I asked as I walked with Diego on the end of the queue and after saying that, Diego started walk closer to me.

"Did we hear what?" Manny asked and looked back quickly. Then I heard Crash and Eddie running and laughing in front of us.

"Oh, I think it was just-" I couldn't say to the end as the ice in front of us exploded into the air. We all froze and the ice around us broke up.