Chapter 4.

Y/n POV:

We had been chasing the opossums with Diego for some time now and Sid ran after us.

"Guys, wait!" Sid shouted after us.

"Help! Help!" Opossums shouted and not for long so we saw Manny standing in front of us. We stopped when we noticed that Manny was accompanied by another mammoth, a female mammoth.

"Well, shave me down and call me a mole rat. You found another Mammoth." Sid said and me and Diego walked closer to them.

"Where?" The mammoth asked excitedly and then she continued,
"Wait a minute. I thought Mammoths were extinct."

"Uhh..." I mumbled and raised my eyebrows and looked first at Diego with the same look and then at Manny and finally we all looked at the female mammoth with a questioning look.

"What are you looking at me for?" She asked.

"I don't know. Maybe because you're a Mammoth." Manny answered her.

"Me?! Don't be ridiculous. I'm not a mammoth. I'm a possum." She said back.

"Right, good one. I'm a newt. These are my friends the badger and quokka. And lastly my friend the platypus." Manny introduced himself first, then Diego and me, and lastly Sid.

"Why do I get to be the platypus? Make her the paltypus and I the quokka." Sid complained.

"You are the platypus because Y/n is much more cuter than you." Diego explained to Sid.

"Aaw, thank you Diego." I said and smiled at him.

"This guy giving you trouble, sis?" Opossums asked as they jumped on her tusks.

"Sis?!" We all asked in a little shocked.

"That's right. These are my Brothers. Possum. Possum. Possum." She explained and introduced herself and the opossums.

"I don't think her tree goes all the way to the top branch." Manny said in a quieter tone.

"Manny." I whispered/shouted at him and pushed him a little on the side.

"Manny, brink of extinction is a bad time to be picky... Hey, she should come with us." Sid whispered to him.

"Are you insane? No way." Manny whispered/shouted to him. For my part, I stepped forward.

"Hey, Manny wanted to ask if you'd like to join us and travel together to the end of the valley?" I politely asked her and the possums, on the other hand, the possums weren't happy about the idea.

"I'd rather be roadkill." One of the opossums said and marched in front of Diego's face.

"That can be arranged." Diego replied and since I didn't want anyone to be eaten I walked closer to them and pushed Diego out of the way.

"Okay guys, let's use words and not violence." I said with a fake smile on my face.

"Ha! Funny. Let me have a little word with my Brothers." The mammoth said and she pulled the opossums farther from Diego. Then they went farther to talk and we waited.

"Y/n? Why did you invite them?" Manny asked and he didn't sound like the happiest Mammoth.

"Well, because you might be the only two Mammoths left on earth. I mean think about it, isn't it better to travel together?" I answered and Diego walked next to me.

"She has a point." Diego agreed with me.

"I'm sorry. When did I join this dating service?" Manny asked.

"My Brothers and I would be delighted to come with you." Mammoth said and it made Manny sigh.

"If you treat us nicely." The opossum said and walked closer to Diego again and this made him growl angrily so that his teeth were visible.

"See that? That's the total opposite of nice." The opossum said back.

"Maybe we'll have ourselves a little snack before we hit the road." Diego said and he was turning until the opossums spoke again.

"You want a piece of us? Let's go." Then another opossum threw another into the air and this one landed on Diego's face.

"I got him." Sid said and ran to help Diego. For my part, I rolled my eyes and sighed. Then I saw Diego open his mouth and the opossum's head was there but he kept Diego's mouth open with his hands.

"You know the best part? We're carrying diseases." The opossum said back. 'Okay, that's enough' I thought and roared a high and loud roar and everyone stopped. And after my roaring, we heard a loud rumble and it was due to ice blocks. Then Diego spat the opossum out of his mouth.

"Okay all of you, now stop that childish behavior. We have to go but we can't get there if you don't know how to behave." I commanded them and they stopped fighting and only continued with small glares at each other and then it was Manny's turn to speak.

"Thanks to Y/n, we're now traveling together. And like it or not, we're gonna be one big happy family. I'll be the daddy. Ellie will be the mommy and Diego and Y/n will be the uncle and auntie who eats the kids who gets on my nerves." Manny explained and as the opossums walked past me and Diego, Diego growled at them and this made them a little scared.

"Now let's move it before the ground falls out from under our feet." Manny commanded irritably.

"I thought the fat guys were supposed to be jolly." Ellie said in a quiet voice to the opossums.

"Hey, I'm not fat. It's this fur; it makes me look big. It's poofy." Manny answered back as he heard what Ellie was saying. Ellie, for her part, laughed at him and continued,

"Oh, okay... He's fat." Ellie said quietly.

"Okay hot shot, let's go." I said and pressed my side against Diego's side and after that we started walking after Manny and Ellie.