Chapter 3: Give Up?

The scene opens up to a desk, papers that had red markings on it. It looked to be a script.

Megumi: (on phone) Oh, so you're still waiting for those two to give the okay. 

Tomoya: Yeah, the road to being a creator is a hard one.

Y/N: (sigh) ...I can't believe that I actually agreed to this.

Currently, Tomoya was sitting against his bed, his script for the game in his hand. Y/N was sitting on Tomoya's bed, looking over his cousin as the laptop that Tomoya was using was on the coffee table.

Megumi: (on phone) So, when's the next deadline?

Tomoya: The end of Golden Week. That's my final chance.

Megumi: (on phone) So you only have a few days left.

Tomoya: Urk...!

Megumi: (on phone) Oh, but we have the next few days off school.

Tomoya: That's right. The days may be few, but the hours are many. I just need to start devoting all my attention to the game!

Y/N: There's a proficiency test early next week, though. Still gonna focus on the game?

Tomoya: Right, uh...anyway, given the situation, we need another sleepover session! Come in for a meeting, Kato! No matter what it takes, we need to win those two over so we can create our ultimate dating sim!

Megumi: (on phone) Oh, sorry, but I can't help out this time.

Tomoya: Eh? Why not? I thought you joined my circle.

Y/N: Well, more like you forced her to join.

Megumi: (on phone) I did, but...I'm sort of...in Hokkaido.

Y/N and Tomoya: ...Eh?

Over with Megumi

The "main heroine" was currently in an aquarium, standing off to the side as her family was waiting on her.

Megumi: I left today on a family vacation. 

Tomoya: (on phone) How long will you be away?

Megumi: Um, until the end of Golden Week.

Tomoya: (on phone) Ahh...right.

Y/N: (on phone) ...This is such a drag.

Back with Tomoya and Y/N

Tomoya: Yosh! Let's do this! The deadline's in four days! Absolutely no anime. No games, either. Not even light novels!

The glasses boy begins to cover up his possessions, making it so he doesn't have any distractions. As he does so, going to tape his bookshelf off, his hand starts to shake. Y/N stood off to the side with a deadpan look.

Going through with his plans, Tomoya covers his bookshelf with "X's" with tape, walking away. Not even one minute, Tomoya goes back to the bookshelf, bringing the tape down slightly and grabbing one of his light novels and goes back to his bed.

Tomoya: I'll just read one before the final push.

Y/N: I'll say it now, you're not getting shit done if you start reading.

Tomoya: I will, Y/N! I most definitely will!

Y/N: (sigh) Right. Well, I'll be in my room.

As the time passes on, Y/N would go into Tomoya's room, borrowing some of his figurines for inspirational designs for his new book. Y/N would glance to his cousin, books starting to pile next to the bed, on the bed, and on the coffee table. Y/N only shook his head, sighing at his cousin's stupidity and his plan of not thinking straight.