(Movie) Chapter 25: The Home Stretch

After the small little detour, Y/N then took Utaha home for the night. As he drove home that night, he couldn't help wonder what his future would be like with her.

In fact, he had asked himself that question many times. It was a matter whether he could make it a reality or not. The only thing he could really do was wait till the future came around.

Next Day

In the Aki household, on Tomoya's coffee table was a cake. The white icing read "Happy Birthday Megumi." The cake was decorated with strawberries, a chocolate heart where the white icing was on, and a small cookie under it, a little design of Megumi on it.

Michiru: Happy birthday, Kato-chan!

Y/N: Happy birthday from me. 

Izumi: Even though it's belated, I hope you have a good one, Megumi-san!

Tomoya: Uh, happy birthday! And...

The boy said something that only Megumi could hear. The boring girl smiled as she looked to everyone in the room.

Megumi: Um, thank you so much, everyone.

Tomoya: All right! Let's hold the meeting while digging into that cake!

Michiru: Hashima-nii chan hasn't showed up though!

Izumi: Um, onii-chan is a bit busy. Y/N-senpai, how come you aren't with him?

Y/N: I can't forget a good friend's birthday now, can I? Besides, I was going to spend some time here a little before I went out. If that's fine with you, Kato-san.

Megumi: Oh, not at all. Thank you for coming, at least.

Tomoya: (clears throat) Some things came up and he can't participate in club activities for a while. And Y/N will be doing so soon.

Y/N: Yep.

Megumi: Well, it's not like he does anything anyway.

Izumi: Megumi-san!? 

Michiru: Aww, really? I wanted to talk to him about next month's concert! 

Tomoya: Ah, me and Y/N will be managing Icy Tail--

Y/N: Ahem. You're forgetting I'll be busy.

Tomoya: As I was sa--

Megumi: I think I can deal with that somehow.

Tomoya: Eh?

Michiru: Are you sure?

Megumi: I might not be able to play hardball like he did, but reserving music venues, coordination, and so on shouldn't be a problem. Our leader has to focus on the script now more than ever, right? 

Tomoya: Y-Yeah. Then, I'll leave it to you. 

Michiru: (pats Megumi's shoulder) Yep, we're counting on you now! You really took a load off us!

Y/N would later then leave, the rest of Blessing Software working on the project. Michiru would be thinking of lyrics for the game, Izumi working on her illustrations, and occasionally calling Tomoya over whether the expressions were okay or not, and Tomoya would be doing what he was doing, making the script. Megumi would exit the room, on call with Eriri. 

The next day, Tomoya met up with Iori and Y/N at a high end coffee shop.

Iori: Anyway, the meeting with Mars went worse than I thought it would. 

Y/N: Eh, fuck the mega corp.

Iori: Was it really wise for me to bring you in?

Y/N: Tsk. The bastards had what was coming to them.