(S2) Chapter 19: 2nd Project

Eriri: An additional order of 5,000 copies?

Tomoya: (on phone) Yeah! Apparently the first 1,000 copies were sold out in an instant! The shops are pushing it really hard, too!

In her humble abode, the blonde artist was doing what she did best. Instead of sketching, she was painting, Tomoya on phone call on the side table.

Eriri: We regained in an instant what we lost at the Winter Comiket, didn't we?

Tomoya: (on phone) When people found out that Eri Kashiwagi was making the art, it quickly go attention.

Y/N: (on phone) You're forgetting two other people, dumbass.

Tomoya: (on phone) A-And Akira Makabe and Utako Kasumi.

Eriri: It's not like we were hiding it, though. 

Y/N: (on phone) Fair point. Mine and Utaha-senpai's names were receiving tons of praise on the internet. Hell, my whole Twitter feed was full of comments on the game and how well done the scenario was made.

Eriri: That reeks of stealth marketing. Mainly by her. 

Tomoya: (on phone) I-Is that what you say about a comrade whom you've made a game with?

Eriri: That was a joke! I mean to say that the scenario is your achievement, too.

Y/N: (on phone) Hey, he may have thought of it, I wrote the damn thing, essentially. And it has its ups and downs.

Eriri: It's fine, I like it.

Tomoya: (on phone) Y-Yeah...a-anyway, this means we're just getting started. Cherry Blessing is receiving more and more interest! Which means...

Eriri: I get it! A "thank you to our fans" illustration, right? I'm drawing one right now. 

Y/N: (on phone) And this time, don't get yourself killed.

Tomoya: (on phone) Yeah! On the same day the shops get the next batch, we change our main page to create even more buzz!

Eriri: (giggle) Tomoya, you're doing things exactly like Hashima right now!

Tomoya: (on phone) Urk...!

Eriri: (laughs) All right then, I'm about to add the finishing touches. 

Tomoya: (on phone) Sure, we're looking forward to seeing the completed illustration. Later.

The call then ends, Eriri putting her covered paint brush in a container of water to wash out the paint on the brush. She smiled as she picked up the illustration, but she soon grew confused.

Eriri: Are? Huh? That's strange...

(A/N): Cue the season two opening here.

Next Morning

Getting off the train, Y/N and Tomoya were met with Utaha near the train station, her reading a book. Y/N yawns as Utaha clings to his arm, paying no attention to mind to it. Various other students watch with wide-eyes as they see Y/N not caring enough to remove Utaha's arm wrapped around his.

Utaha: I heard you got an additional order for the game? Congratulations.

Tomoya: Th-Thank you very much! It seems I'll finally be able to compensate you two properly for your work.

Y/N: Nah, it's fine.

Utaha: It is just a students' circle, after all.

Tomoya: No, precisely because it is a circle, we have to split the profits with everybody!