Chapter 32: Homicidal Rampages and Rainy Kisses

~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~

Dean Winchester sucked in a breath, eyes widening as he tried to figure out where he was. The last thing he could remember was the gun going off- did that mean this was Heaven? He seemed to be in a dark room, not at the pearly white gates. Maybe that meant he was just dreaming? Maybe Walt missed? Thought he killed him but hadn't? Reaching forward, Dean felt a cool door handle and turned it quickly. As soon as he did, light flooded in, making him squint while the sound of someone racking their gun hit his ears. Fear flooded him for a moment until his eyes adjusted and he came face to face with a grinning Andrea Sanders.

"Thought you could hide in your room, did ya? Well, too bad, Sparky. I found you!" She pulled the trigger of her orange and blue nerf gun, hitting the older man square in his chest before taking off down the hall. He rubbed his chest lightly where it had hit him as he stuck his head out and watched her limp, laughing loudly as she went. Her grey alpaca shorts did not match the red hoodie she had stolen from him, but she didn't seem to care, the ponytail on her head bouncing as she hobbled in her cast.

Following her with a confused and cautious expression, he soon realized he also had a nerf gun in his hand. Descending the stairs just as Andy had done, he tried to figure out if he really was in Heaven. It felt like it. He finally felt calm for the first time in forever. You see, Dean knew this day. In fact, this was maybe one of his favorite days ever: no cases, no fear, just three dumb twenty-somethings running around the house having a nerf gun fight. With all of the hidden rooms and secret tunnels, Andy's house was the ideal place to host the battle he'd always wanted to have. The three had fought long and hard until they called a three way truce, solidifying their treaty with popcorn and movies as Andy snuggled into him on the couch. That was the first day he'd realized he had feelings for the woman: not just attraction.

With his mind preoccupied, Sam shot him from beneath the stair railing. Cackling just as loudly as Andy had, the tall man took off running toward the kitchen. "I got him! Point for me!" Sam called out as he ran to write it on the dry erase board.

So, he was reliving a memory. That meant it had to be a dream. Well, he could at least enjoy it, right? Dean grinned widely, taking off after his two favorite people as he gripped the toy gun. They shot at each other, laughter ringing through the house until none of them could really breathe. At that point, Dean gripped Andy around the middle and spun her, making her giggle uncontrollably as she gripped his arms. "What the hell, Sparky!" He could live off of her laughter alone; just that sound and nothing else could keep him happy for eternity.

When he finally put her down, she spun to face him, hands on his chest as she stared up into his eyes with big doe-like ones of her own. "Shit," Dean breathed, remembering it was at this moment he'd realized his feelings. And it was happening again. Only this time, he finally knew what he would have written on that notepad. "I love you, Bubbles." He whispered, his hand reaching up to cup her cheek. "How'd you do that to me?"