Chapter 35: Something Wicked This Way Comes

***

***

"You don't think-"

"I don't know what to think!" I gripped the necklace chain, more confused than I had ever been. The newfound contents of the glass vial glowed a soft, warm blue between my fingers.  "You think this is his—what did you call it?— his Grace?"

Dean shrugged. "I didn't know it was something that could be contained like that, but yeah. I'd bet good money on it."

We had been dropping Kali off at some town when she'd pointed it out. The pagan god nearly shook at the sight of it, but whether in fear or grief I couldn't be sure. Now here we were, parked on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere arguing about the damn thing.

"But why did he leave it to you?" Sam asked, eyebrows furrowed as he stared at the vial around my neck.

I shrugged. To be perfectly honest, it kind of grossed me out. It felt like the equivalent of having his toe nail clippings hanging from my neck: disgusting and down right wrong. "Beats me! Why did he leave you guys porn?"

Deans green eyes widened. "I almost forgot about that. Sam, grab your-"

"Already got it," the younger Winchester said, raising his laptop in reference before turning it on.

In just a few moments, the DVD was in and playing, popping a scantily clad blonde onto the screen. "Dear diary...being a high-powered business president is super fun, but so exhausting. Sometimes I just need to relax. I need Casa Erotica." She lay on the bed flipping through a magazine as the camera panned over her body and the opening monologue played. When a knock came from the door in the film, Sam paused it.

"Anyone seeing a point to this?" He asked, an eyebrow raised. The poor guy looked as uncomfortable as I felt. His hand was shoved in his pocket and his shoulder were wound tighter than a cuckoo clock.

The wind whistled softly through the trees above as if taunting us with an answer only it could know. Kicking the gravel at my feet, I reached over and continued the video. "Well if there is, you'd probably need to hear more than just one line."

"Shut up, this is the good part." Dean said with a somewhat excited grin, earning a whack to the arm from both Sam and me. "Hey!"

"I have the kielbasa you ordered!" My heart nearly stopped. Gabriel's voice was all it took to bring back all of our attention. Though my mind told me it couldn't be true, there was no denying the scene playing out before our eyes in color: Gabriel wearing a fake mustache and making out with a porn star.

"God, I think he just ruined porn." Dean gagged, grimacing at the screen. "Why the hell are we watching this?"

"I bet your wondering why the hell you're watching this!" Gabriel exclaimed. He turned from the busty blonde and smiled into the camera as he took off his mustache. "Truth is, if you're watching this, I'm dead. As a door nail. Ding dong! But please, stop sobbing! It's embarrassing for all of us. Without me you've got zero shot of killing Lucifer." The waiter outfit moved with him as he shrugged. "Sorry. But! You can trap him! The cage you sprung ol' Lucy from? It's still down there. Now, it won't be easy. You've gotta get it open, trick my bro back into it, and- oh yeah! Avoid Michael and the God Squad. Pfft. Details, right?" He smirked at the camera and I couldn't help but miss him more than I already was. "Here's the kicker, though: Lucifer himself doesn't even know. The key to the cage? It's out there. Well, actually it's 'keys', plural. Four of 'em. The horsemen's rings to be exact." He paused to put his mustache back on as the blonde business president began to bite his ear. "Can't say I'm betting on you boys," he laughed, "because all my moneys already on Andy. Go get 'em, Aces."