Chapter 12: Straight Outta Commision

•trigger warning•references to past child abuse and some ptsd symptoms

•trigger warning•
references to past child abuse and some ptsd symptoms

~*~*~*~

If I was around these boys much longer, I was pretty sure my eyes were going to get stuck in a permanent eye roll.

"Guys, seriously, I'm fine. I mean, I can't drive, but I can stay at this motel for a few weeks!" Sam and Dean gave me a pointed look I had recently learned meant 'Shut up' in Winchester language. Honestly, they were right. Dean had even needed to drive Stanley to the motel we were currently at because I couldn't move my leg.

"So tell me, genius," Dean said with a sarcastic look, "how exactly do you plan to get food during those few weeks?"

I gave him a sheepish smile in return. "Delivery?"

Sam shook his head, one large hand running through his beautiful hair. "Andy, we get it. You're independent. But right now, you need some help. That double-headed serpent did a number on your leg. Yes we set it, and yes you had cast wrap in your trunk, but you still need time to heal. And that means you might need us to take you somewhere."

I shook my head. "No way. I'm not going to a hospital where I'm a sitting duck for any and everything trying to kill me, and I can't stay with Bobby because he's not gonna be able to do anything being in his wheelchair. Don't need to be a nuisance. The only other place I could go is my house-"

"Perfect," Dean said, clapping his hands together.

"-but then I'm still by myself. It's no different than staying here, and at least I'm not inconveniencing you guys if I stay here." Dean pursed his lips, trying to stare me down, but he knew I was making sense. Sipping my chocolate shake, I waited for them to see reason.

"I don't know-" Dean started again.

"Oh, come on! Seriously! Unless someone stays at my house with me, I'm in the same boat either way!" Exasperated, I set down my shake and attempted to grab my fries from the table Sam was leaning against. However, that meant hopping on one foot like an idiot and tripping over Dean's boots along the way. "Shit!"

Dropping like a rock, I tried to keep my bad leg in the air as I groaned angrily. "Yeah, you're doing great by yourself." Dean said with the most attitude I'd ever seen from him. "By all means, please, continue."

I glared up at him from the floor, arms pushing my chest up enough to see him as my leg waved just a bit off of the ground. "Well, if you guys weren't here, I wouldn't have tripped over your boots!"

"Oh, my bad. You're right. You'd have tripped over something else!"

"Would not!"

"Would too!"

"Ok, children!" Sam yelled, cutting off my next negation. "I've got an idea. You," he looked down at me sprawled on the floor, "said that the only difference would be if someone stays with you. So, why don't we? Dean and I can set up a home base of sorts at your place and come back after cases to check on you. Then it's pretty much the best of both worlds."