Chapter 15: Extra, Extra! Read All About It!

~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~

Squealing to a halt, Dean threw the car in park as I loaded my pistol. Sam was the first one out of the vehicle, noticing a small scruffy man pacing in front of the hotel we'd just arrived at.

"That's toilet paper guy, right? From our 'Back to the Future' special?" I asked Dean, as we sprinted up to the front. When he didn't respond, Sam and I stopped in our tracks.

About seven other black Impala's seemed to be parked in the lot alongside ours, stealing Dean's attention away from our time sensitive mission. "Dean, come on." Sam called, knocking some sense back into him as we continued our sprint, finally making it to the anxious little man. "Chuck!"

"Guys?"

"What's going on?" Dean asked, ready to fight anything and everything.

I held my gun close, barrel to the sky as I surveyed the scene. We seemed to be in an off grid hotel surrounded by woods. Great. That could potentially lead to a number of monsters. "Uh, nothing?" The man said, confusion covering his features. "I was just, um, kinda hanging out?" Chuck eyed me warily as if trying to figure out exactly who I was. "What are you guys doing here? And who is this?"

"You texted me!" Sam exclaimed, annoyance starting to seep into his voice. "This address, 'life-or-death situation'. Any of this ringing a bell?"

"No, no, no. I- I didn't send any text." Chuck let his eyes roam between the three of us, trying to get us to understand.

Jaw clenched tight, Dean shouted, "We drove all night!"

"I cancelled my date!" Dean shot me a glare to which I only shrugged, gun still prepped for altercation.

Chuck raised his hands in bewilderment. "I, well I'm, I'm sorry. I don't know what could have- oh, no." My eyebrows furrowed, waiting for him to elaborate, when I heard a high pitched voice squeal in excitement.

"Sam! You made it!" In an instant, my gun was trained on the potential threat, jaw set in a way that promised a head shot if anyone so much as blinked in a way I didn't like. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Who is she?" The woman in question was a lanky brunette in a plaid T-shirt and denim vest. Her hands were up in surrender, but I hadn't dropped my gun. "Should I be worried, Sam?"

"Easy there, Bubbles." Dean said, hand on my shoulder comfortingly. "She's super crazy, not supernatural. Her name's Becky."

Lowering the gun slowly, I kept my eye on her as she raced down the steps of the Pineview Hotel. "Bubbles? As in the Andrea Sanders?" My gaze was forced to Chuck as he seemed to be far too excited. "It's one thing to meet them." He looked to Dean and Sam before focusing back on me. "I've already met them, haven't I? You're, well, you're you! The abomination, the lover, the anomaly! You're- oh no." My thumb messed nervously with the safety of my gun as his words processed in my head.