Chapter Ten (10)

Gabriels p.o.v

9 months~*~

“Berkley?” I whimpered, he hmm'd quietly. “I... I think...” I looked down and underneath the blanket it. “I... I think...”

“Did you pee the bed again?” He sat up, turning on the lamp he had recently bought because when I would stay over.

“No. Its my...” He looked over at me, stretching a second before his eyes widened.

“No...” He trailed off.

“I think my water broke.” I whimpered, kicking the pillow out of between my legs and sitting up gently. Gasping, I placed a hand on my belly.

“Shit. Shit. Shit!” He cursed, pulling on a shirt, and putting me in one of the big sweaters he had also bought. I stood from the bed so whatever else was left fell to the floor and not his bed. “Come on.” He helped me walk down the stairs while yelling profanities at his mother that I was having the baby.

“I... Im—“ Wincing, Berkley practically dragged my to his moms vehicle. Placing a generous amount of blankets on the sweat, followed by a bag, before setting me in it.

“Hello? Hello?” He pulled his phone away from his ear. “I don’t care! I think Gabriel just went into labour.” There was a yell, and a shriek before he pulled it away from his face frowning.

I rested against the door breathing in and out as a contraction hit my body.

“Im scared.” I whimpered, I wasn’t due for a couple more weeks. Why was I having her now. “Ow.” I hissed past clenched teeth.

“Dont be.” Berkley smiled at me before casting his eyes back to the road and practically breaking all laws to get me to the hospital. “When we get there, I’m going to get you a wheel chair and wheel you in, alright?”

I nodded my head, taking in even breaths of air.

Just hurry. I wanted to beg, but I didn’t.

My mom had warned me that I should just invite Berkley over to stay at our house more often, but I disagreed, thinking that it would be better if I stayed at his so when the baby did arrive, I would feel comfortable and be able to locate things better. Even if his mom didn’t want me there.

“—What? Ill get the doctor, he might have to be put into emergency surgery.” The lady behind the counter smiled faintly at me before speaking quickly on the phone. A bunch of nurses and doctors then surrounded me, pushing me further into the hospital, I got a glimpse of my mom handing Berkley a camera before I turned a corner and he ran up holding my hand.

~

“How are you feeling Gabe?” Berkley asked, sitting beside me. I groaned, putting a pillow over my head to block out some light. I was so tired. “Do you want to see her?” There was a sound of a baby crying, and Berkley trying to quiet it—her. “Here.” He plucked the pillow off my face and put it over my belly, “Hold out your arms.” I slowly did so, and he placed her in my arms. She quieted down easily. “Can I get a picture of us?” He looked at the door before pulling out his phone and putting on the camera app.

“But I look so bad.” I pouted, running a finger down the side of her face.

“No, you looked beautiful. No come on.” Stretching his hand out, he pointed the camera in out direction. I smiled my best, and that’s when the clicking sound echoed in the room. “Perfect.” He chuckled, showing me the picture.

“Oh wow.” I needed a shower.

[ Two weeks later ]

“Hows the baby?” I asked Berkley as he walked back into the room smiling down at the little girl who was resting in his arms.