Chapter Two (2)

Gabriels p.o.v

2nd month~*~

“Mom! These look delicious.” I pointed to the bag of skittles.

She scoffed, “And so does the donuts, strawberry milk, cookies, granola bars, and tacos.” She chuckled, rolling her eyes at me, while her blond bangs hung just above her eyes.

“Oh ya...” I trailed off, putting them back, and sticking the grape lolly-pop back into my mouth, reaching into the cart unloading it onto the till, everything just looked so good. “Sorry.” I shrugged, then winced slightly at all the items we were buying.

“Are you OK, Gabriel?”She rushed to me, putting her hand on my belly. “Is it the baby?” I rolled my eyes, I dont even feel anything, despite what the doctors and pregnancy tests tell me.

“Mom! Im OK! Geesh, and not in public.” I whined, it was embarrassing for me, a boy pregnant, yah. Cause you see that everyday.

“Oh hush.” She swatted at my arm playfully.

Rolling my eyes, I licked the lolly-pop, while looking at the people behind me, I froze as I saw a little boy sucking on his thumb, his eyes planted on my lolly-pop. He reached his arms out scrunched his hands in fists.

“No Matty.” The guy holding him grumbled, placing him into the cart when he started squirming, where he ended up crying. My eyes bulge out of my head. Oh my gosh! Im gong to be a terrible parent! I just made a little boy cry! “Shit.” The boy cussed, before getting smacked in the back of the head by a woman.

“Im so sorry!” I blurted, my cheeks heated as they looked at me confused. My eyes met with the boys and I stiffened, he looked familiar but I couldnt really place where I recognized him from. “Here.” I mumbled, handing the lolly-pop to the boy, Matty.

I then turned around to load the bagged groceries back into the cart. Those eyes, his brown eyes. Where have I seen them before, though? Not at school, because trust me, I would have remembered him when I did go, his strong jaw, fine tipped nose, Blondy-brown curly hair, and those deep brown eyes.

Gasping, I dropped a bag containing my granola bars, cookies and taco mix.

“Gabriel?” My mom asked shocked, but I ignored her. He, him... Our eyes met once more and I felt like I was back there—in the alley.

Flash back~*~

He was dressed in a gray hoody, the hood up his hair covering his eyes, his pants ripped at the knees. His eyes pierced into mine as he stood above me.

His friends all laughing as they ran off.

Flash back ended~*~

I didnt think Id ever see him, ever again and here he is in the same store, same til isle as me. Slater. Slater.

“Slater.” I let it slip out, his name as sour as salt on my tongue.

“Did you say something, Berkley?” The lady—his mom—asked.

“Uh... Um... No...”

He knew I knew, that he knew who I was. I was having his baby.

“Gabriel? Gabriel?” My mom appeared in my line of vision. I opened my mouth to speak, but responded with a nod instead. “If you really wanted the skittles you could have just told me.” She rubbed my arms, but I shook my head, skittles felt appalling right now.

“No, no... I... Its not that.” I just shook my head.

“Is it the baby?” She put a hand on my belly.

“Just...” I bit my lip, then shook my head, “No, Im sorry. Sorry.” I turned to the clerk, picking up the fallen bag.

“Hey!” A chirpy voice squealed, I looked down to see the boy, Matty. He was clapping with his lolly-pop in his hand, purple drool coming out of his mouth, and a paper attached to the lolly-pop. I leaned down, so I was about his height.

“Hi.” I smiled, “Is it good?” I pointed to the lolly-pop in his hands.

He nodded his head, clapping his hands again, but this time holding it out to me, before dropping it. “No!” He squeaked, bending down to pick it up. This time I squeaked, taking it from his hand.

“Dirty, ew, nasty.” I pointed, making faces—hoping he understood.

The child pouted. “Lolly, lolly!” He called.

“Um...” I scrambled, looking in my pockets, I always had candy in one, I knew I did. I reached into my hood pocket, happily pulling out a Blueberry Shocker. “Here!” I sang, ripping it open and shoving it into his hand.

The smile appeared back on his face. Then he threw the paper at me, and he turned away marching and squealing with his arms in the air.

“Ready?” Mom asked, smiling down at me.

“Um... Ya.” I mumbled, grabbing the garbage and stuffing it in my hood pocket.

I wanted to desperately glance back, but I decided against it, how could he live with himself knowing he raped somebody?

I let my head hang low, allowing my platinum blond, almost white hair hang in my face.