What's That?

Story Requested by @ItsMoon_Sparkle

This is basically Rikku & Shino teaching Artemis about a switch and gaming console, because he was an orphan and hasn't seen them very often before. Hope you all enjoy!
——————————————————-

Rikku's POV

I walked downstairs from my room, ready for my second day! First day was pretty fun too! Jack had come over, and he had cool glowing eyes, like my demon eye! I had also met some new friends, and my dorm mates.

Speaking of dorm mates, there was one of them right there. Shino was sitting on the couch, playing a video game on his Nintendo Switch. His orangish yellow hair reflected the dim light coming from outside, and from our terrible side table lamp.

I didn't think anyone would be up this early, considering it was high schoolers living alone. I guess you could say it was a habit of mine to get up early. My mom always said It was a good  habit, and she's almost always right.

"Goooooood morning!" I said happily, jumping enthusiastically on my way to the kitchen.

"Oh, uh, Hi Rikku, good morning," he replied, briefly taking his eyes off of his game before turning back to it.

I grabbed some toast from the pantry, and quickly put it into the toaster before bouncing over to see what game Shino was playing at 7 am in the morning.

I watched as he raced a familiar looking cart along a track. "Ooooh! You like Mario Cart too!" I said happily.

"Yeah, it's one of my favorite games," Shino said, looking up towards me.

"Yeah, mine too!" I said. I heard a sharp bing coming from the kitchen. I smiled, going to get my warm toast.

I heard footsteps coming down from upstairs, and I looked up just in time to see Artemis walking down the stairs. He was holding a red note pad and had a pencil tucked behind his ear, which was noticeably tangled in his hair. I wonder if he slept with it there.

"Hi Artemis!" I said happily, waving to him from across the room. "Would you like some toast, I made too much," I said, looking back at the two more prices of toast that were popping out of the toaster, besides the four I already had.

"Yeah, uh, sure, That sounds good." He said, smiling back at me. I watched as he looked across the room, about to greet Shino when he saw what he was holding.

"What's That?"

Artemis's POV

I stared blankly at the thing in Shino's hand. What was that thing? Was it one of those 'gaming consoles' I kept hearing about from them?

Shino looked up at me. "What's what?" He asked, clearly confused.

I pointed at the thing in his hand. To me, it was really weird. It looked like a phone that the rest of the kids at my school had, but with one blue and one red side. Any time I tried to ask anyone else, they'd always laugh and walk away.

He looked at me for a second like I was crazy, then realization came pouring into them.

"Oh right!" Shino said, hitting himself in the forehead. "You mentioned you had never seen any gaming stuff before!"

Rikku gasped from the other side of the room. "Oh rightttttttt I forgot about that!" He said, doing his cinnamon roll smile like normal.

"Nuh uh, No way, we have to show you this right now," Shino said, crossing his arms, "I'm making it my personal goal to make sure everyone that I live with knows how to play Mario Cart."

After about 15 minutes, Both Rikku and Shino explained the game to me. Apparently, it was a race, and we were trying to get to the end of the track first. There were also power-ups and de-buffs along the way, which either helped you win, or slowed you down. They also showed me which buttons on the thing they called a 'Switch' made you move forward, backwards, etcetera etcetera.

"Don't even disappointed if you lose," Shino said, "I've been playing this game basically my whole life, so I know what I'm doing."

"Me too!" Rikku said happily from the other side of the room.

One hour later

Rikku and Shino were both staring in utter shock at me as I silently bragged about winning for the 12 time in a row.

"B- How th- I don't understand." Shino said, staring at his screen wide eyed.

"Neither do I buddy," Rikku said, clearly also confused, "Neither, do, I."

"Beginners luck I guess," I said, checking my watch, "Oh no! Come on guys, we've been playing an hour, we're going to be late."

I ran out the door, with Rikku & Shino behind me.

"Wait up, Artemis!" Rikku called from behind me.

And that, my friends, is why you never, ever, teach someone Mario Cart.

Btw, sorry if it's not exactly what you wanted, but a similar situation happened to me where I taught my friend how to play a video game and now I always lose. Also I thought it would be kinda funny. But again, hope this is what you were looking for. I'll probably work on a part two tomorrow, if not the next day.

-Yo BRO PIE 🥧